Princess Dinner choices

karonijo

We have been on Princess a couple times several years ago and we are looking to possibly cruise them again. One thing that really stood out for us on Princess was the food choices. I remember when boarding we went straight to Lido for lunch and was shocked to see a feast of shrimp cocktails on the buffet.(one of my faves). We also enjoyed a wonderful dinner that included land and sea...king crap legs split down the middle for you and strip steaks or prime rib. Can anyone tell me if they still serve these choices still? Looking at a few menus it doesn't look like they do and think this may be an area where Princess has cut back. Any feedback will be helpful. Thanks to all.

We always had the seafood buffet at sailaway on Princess, but on our last cruise (Emerald Thanksgiving, 2010), it wasn't offered. They did have shrimp cocktail offered in the dining room. No crab legs all week, but lobster and prime rib were offered on one of the nights....They also had a lamb shank that was fantastic.

The Ruby still had the Seafood Sailaway Buffet this past December. However, there is no longer any crab legs. There were hot crabcakes though.:). I don't believe that the split crab legs are on Princess menus any longer.

If you like seafood, there are still plenty of seafood choices to be had. Shrimp cocktails are available every night on the dinner menu. I had at least one choice of seafood every day and most days, more than one.

You obviously got a better one than I did. Lamb lovers beware that the quality of the shanks varies. Enjoyed all my other meals though.

I know we were happy at our table with the lamb shank. I'm sure it all depends on the quality of the meat that is delivered for that particular cruise. Overall, I was very pleased with the menus offered.

Last week on the Island, the lobster tail was served on our first formal night with grilled jumbo shrimp. You could make it a surf and turf platter by adding the beef entree.

I tried three different lamb dishes. The shank was my second favorite. My least favorite was leg of lamb at lunch. The lamb chops were the best.

The only crab legs I saw were at the Chef's Table in our crab meat cocktail. There was a small split crab leg as a garnish.

• 1 year later...
The Ruby still had the Seafood Sailaway Buffet this past December. However, there is no longer any crab legs. There were hot crabcakes though.:). I don't believe that the split crab legs are on Princess menus any longer.

If you like seafood, there are still plenty of seafood choices to be had. Shrimp cocktails are available every night on the dinner menu. I had at least one choice of seafood every day and most days, more than one.

Can you tell me what seafood was on the sail away buffet?

On my Ruby cruise last week, lobster was served on formal night, three small tails, each cooked differently, I think they called it the lobster trio. They were undercooked, not cooked. They served two tails and a prawn on 2nd formal night and that was pretty good. Lobster on two different nights? Maybe because it was a 9 day cruise. Last time I saw lobster served twice on a cruise was on a 7 day CCL cruise back in '99.

Archived