Spa/Cabin Door Questions

OneLuckyMom

Newbie here, well to NCL at least :D My sister and I are planning to take our elderly mother and my 11 year old daughter on the Spirit in August and I have a few questions.

It's probably going to be the last "hurrah" trip for my mother, since her health and esp. her memory are declining. My sister and I will do everything we can to make sure one of us is with her at all times, but she's a fiesty one and gets away from us sometimes LOL We plan to get a stateroom right by the elevator to make finding it easier - she's easily disoriented - but I was wondering if I can put a sign or ribbon or some other kind of marking on the outside of the stateroom so she can find it in the sea of similiar looking doors. We went on a Disney Cruise last year, and everyone made magnetic signs to put on the outside of their doors, and I was hoping NCL would allow the same sort of thing and not take them down on us. Has anyone ever done this? If they don't like the signs, could I tone it down to just a ribbon on a door handle and have that survive the week?

Also - is there a minimum age for the Spa for a manicure or pedicure? My daughter and my sister love to do this together as a bonding thing, but I know on some cruise lines the Spa is adults only.

Go ahead and decorate your door!! We had a themed CC roll call and I decorated with colorful dots all over. Everyone got orientated to their cabin by looking at ours.

It is a fairly common thing on NCL ships to decorate, I think you'll have more problems with passengers stealing stuff than staff.

NO STICKY, I just bought a sheet of self-adhesive magnet and cut it in pieces to apply the dots to our door. If you go to vista print dot com you'll find under the business section an offer for a free small door magnet, and you can make up anything you want and just pay the shipping for it.

Happy cruising! :)

No, you're not allowed. When I organized the Meet & Greet on our last cruise, I was advised by letter to let the group know that door decoration was not permitted, and that cabin crew had been instructed to remove anything from the doors.

My suggestion would be to take a piece of ribbon, and tie it around the door 'number' (the thing with the Welcome / Do Not Disturb knob), and then mention to your cabin steward that it's to help your mother.

We had magnets, notepads, and pens on our 3 cabin doors. The first cruise it all stayed, but I'm guessing kids stole our post-it's and pens on our last cruise, leaving the magnets. I wasn't happy, since we were travelling with my parents, and with teens and tweens, and they helped us keep in touch with messages.

I'm sailing on a charter cruise on the Dawn Feb. 6-11 and there's actually a door decorating contest as one of the events. They just warn that you can't do anything that damages the door. Magnets are an excellent solution.

Archived