Suggested cruise lines for ballroom dancing?

pakarinen

Sorry if this has been asked...

My wife and I would like to do a short (3-4 day) cruise out of Lauderdale around next Christmas that has an emphasis on ballroom dancing or at least be on a ship that has some kind of ballroom music.

I've never cruised and she's only been on a Disney thing, so we'd like to know if ships usually have ballroom dancing or if we should look for a cruise through a dance studio or a dedicated dance cruise outfit.

Suggestions, links, experiences appreciated!

Thanks!

I don't think you will find a short cruise with much formal dancing. Holland America and Princess have lounges where the bands play dance music, sometimes taking requests. The only cruise line I have sailed that has genuine ballroom dances is Cunard, who have at least two balls on every cruise, sometimes more. EM

The best cruise line for real ballroom dancing is Cunard. For example, on the Queen Mary 2 they have a huge ballroom (larger then on any other ship) and have several balls during their cruises and crossings. They also carry two dance orchestras on this ship and for their Black and White Ball they are combined so that you get to dance to a 17 piece band (just like in the big band days).

Hank

You're not going to find ballroom dancing on a short cruise. Those are generally for people who want a lot of heavy partying.

The best ballroom dancing are on Cunard and Crystal. The dance floor on Cunard s huge. On Crystal, they even have a professional dance couple who give lessons on all types of ballroom dancing.

Archived