The Old or New

flimflubin

Hello all! This will be my first time sailing with Carnival. I'm in a little delima and your help is wanted. Trying to decide between the Dream and Valor...I love the itinerary of the Valor leaving out of Miami...The Dream is a newer ship leaving out of Port Canaveral. The price difference is about 90.00 or less. Which one would you choice and why? Sailing Aug 6 or 7th 2011.

I can let you know in oh about 65 days. Our first Dream cruise is March 19. We are huge Valor fans however. Sailed on her many times with never less than a great experience. Wonderful aft balconies, both the wraps and extended.

The Dream will really need to be impressive to rank above the Valor IMHO even if it is several years newer.

I think a lot of mixed reviews on crowding on Dream which is just a more congested conquest class and hardly any new features. If you didnt book a cove balcony, its same ole.

Going in 3 weeks. Its not all same ole. No Cigar Bar.:mad:

I personally book itinerary over ship unless I have already seen every port available (it hasn't happened yet) or have a lot of sea days.

You will probably enjoy either one, so it just boils down to what is more important to you...The ship you sail on or the places you stop?

Enjoy!

Hello all! This will be my first time sailing with Carnival. I'm in a little delima and your help is wanted. Trying to decide between the Dream and Valor...I love the itinerary of the Valor leaving out of Miami...The Dream is a newer ship leaving out of Port Canaveral. The price difference is about 90.00 or less. Which one would you choice and why? Sailing Aug 6 or 7th 2011.

I've been on a Conquest class ship (the Glory) and will be again in June (Freedom). I have not been on a Dream class ship, so I would choose the Dream. Also, I like visiting the Kennedy Space Center, another plus for the Dream.

The age of the ship would not be a factor in my decision - the itinerary would.

We were on the dream last summer for our sons wedding. It was wonderful and we now prefer the dream over the valor bu a lot. Maybe we just liked the newer ship. We had a great time, never smelled the so called odors at all, people were friendly and yes there were a lot of people. However ships generally sail with a full ship so thats going to happen no matter which ship you are on...there are more things for your son to do on the dream! At any rate no matter what ship you choose, you know you will have a wonderful cruise!

I think a lot of mixed reviews on crowding on Dream which is just a more congested conquest class and hardly any new features. If you didnt book a cove balcony, its same ole.

This sums it up VERY well. If you go for The Dream get a cove balcony because we found this to be the primary, if not sole, highlight of The Dream. Just came off The Valor 4 weeks ago and had a very enjoyable cruise on a handsome, well run ship and never had any crowds to deal with like you'll find on The Dream. The only other advantage to The Dream, that I can think of, are: the slides are pretty awesome, but how many times does one go down, and Dancin In The Streets production was great. Enjoy your cruise regardless of which vessel you decide upon.

I have been on both and enjoyed both equally. (hubby missed the cigar bar too) I am taking the Dream again in april because it is the only one that stops in Costa Maya. Either ship is nice even though one is newer. cabins are comperable space wise. Food is the same pretty much. Dream did seem more crowded but then it is a bigger ship. I would decide depending on what ports you want to go to instead of older vs newer.

We were on the Dream a year ago to the Western Caribbean and it was a wonderful trip. We had a cove balcony and it was great. You are so close to the water. The dream is beautiful and you will not regret going on her for your vacation. If you book a cove balcony room, make sure you are under the dining rooms. It was very quiet.

I have cruised the Conquest Class and last January we sailed on the Dream. This is only my opinion for what it is worth. One of the best cruises and most enjoyable was on the Conquest. Don't get me wrong we had a great time on the Dream as well. I prefer the Eastern Caribbean itenerary but liked the Conquest more as a ship. The thing is with all things "new" is that eventually they are last week's news. You will have an awesome cruise regardless of what ship you are on. So pick the itenerary that you want to cruise. I have also written a review for the Dream last year on CC. And once I get a better feel on how to link that to my post I will. :)

Have done Dream and Glory. Really liked both. I didn't find the Dream to be that much more crowded than the Glory, and we sailed full on each ship. So I'd let the itinerary be the deciding factor.

Also, I don't know if you're driving or flying to the port, but we find airfare to Orlando cheaper than Miami, so we tend to stick to Port Canaveral if budget is a concern.

Good luck with which ever you book!

Been on both- and previous posts back up my statement- that the Dream was one of our bests cruises. Is it a whole layout compared to Conquest class?, no... but there are some really neat new things that set it apart. Newer ships offer more and typically cost more. For that modest price difference, I encourage you to try the Carnival Dream.

Archived