Inspiration Information

kittygirl

My Mom and I are sailing on the Inspiration for the first time on February 26th. This is my Mom's first cruise and my 3rd. I would like any helpful informatiion on the Inspiration from anyone that has cruised on her before. Information on food, entertainment, excursions, and layout of the ship and anything else that would be helpful. :o

Inspiration is a GREAT little ship, and I have no doubt that you and your Mom will enjoy your cruise. When the ship was in drydock recently, they added the "Serenity Deck" to her, and you need to be sure you find it, as it's GREAT. On Lido Deck, walk to the very aft (rear) end, and then look for stairs on either side of the ship. These will lead down one deck to the Serenity Deck. It's super nice for relaxing, and enjoying the sea, a book, your i-pod, or the hot tubs. (Adults Only) They have pads on the loungers, and a few comfortable chairs in the shade as well. Enjoy yourselves!

"SKY"

Inspiration is a GREAT little ship, and I have no doubt that you and your Mom will enjoy your cruise. When the ship was in drydock recently, they added the "Serenity Deck" to her, and you need to be sure you find it, as it's GREAT. On Lido Deck, walk to the very aft (rear) end, and then look for stairs on either side of the ship. These will lead down one deck to the Serenity Deck. It's super nice for relaxing, and enjoying the sea, a book, your i-pod, or the hot tubs. (Adults Only) They have pads on the loungers, and a few comfortable chairs in the shade as well. Enjoy yourselves!

"SKY"

Do you know if the elevator goes to the Serenity Deck. My mom has trouble walking up and down stairs. Sounds fantastic. Do you have to get there early to get a chair?

Do you know if the elevator goes to the Serenity Deck. My mom has trouble walking up and down stairs. Sounds fantastic. Do you have to get there early to get a chair?

I personally was unimpressed with the serenity area on this ship.... limited seating, and looked like an after thought add-on. Bar service was virtually non existent, There is an elevator to the deck above, but she will still have some walking to do between the elevator and the actual deck and down some stairs. In my eyes, it was a typical CCL attempt to add something on a very low budget !

My Mom and I are sailing on the Inspiration for the first time on February 26th. This is my Mom's first cruise and my 3rd. I would like any helpful informatiion on the Inspiration from anyone that has cruised on her before. Information on food, entertainment, excursions, and layout of the ship and anything else that would be helpful. :o

I don't have any new advice to add to this thread....the other posters have said great things (check roll call & read member reviews on Carnival board as well as in the review section).

I just wanted to wish you and your mom a happy sailing. The Imagination was my mom's first cruise (my bday gift to her) and since then she's cruised several times without me! :eek:

Thank you for all your responses. My mom is 82 and she is so excited. She is like a kid on the first day of school. I can't wait to share this with her. What are some of the best food choices on the Inspiration? Do they have a jogging track on the top deck?:o

Had a great time on this ship. Great crew, food & service was excellent. Everything was nice and clean even though there were a few areas that showed some wear. One thing to note.....it does not have the outdoor movie screen.

• 2 weeks later...

My mother and myself are also going to be on that cruise. I am hoping there is something for both of us. I'm in my mid 20s and she is in her mid 50s, so I am hoping that we both will have an equal amount of fun.

It is both of our first times on a cruise, so it may be a little overwhelming =)

Archived