Two Bottles of Wine allowed on board ??

whitetmp

You can't carry it on the plane anymore unless you have cleared security and bought it at a duty free store. Caution, if you are changing planes later, you will be in big trouble.

If you are arriving the day before your cruise, buy it when you get there then carry it on the ship. No need to put it in your checked luggage and take the risk of breakage.

Well you are only caught changing planes if for some reason you have to go through security again which is unlikely. We did have trouble once when we delayed overnight but I convinced the Delta agent to allow us to check a 5th bag so no worries. AND not just duty free shops...as I mentioned in a different post some airports have great wine shops past the security gates. Donna

Here's what I think ... Princess and Celebrity scan your CHECKED bags by room so they do see if it's 2 bottles per stateroom. Carnival caught my sister when she out bottles in her sons bags and they too the two extra bottles.

Now they can't know if you have 2 in your checked luggage and 2 in your carryon.

NCL is the only cruise line that I have cruised that doesn't care how much you bring ... they charge you $15 a bottle whether you check it or carry it on. We shipped a case a part of our luggage and then brought on 4 more bottles in carry on and we were charged at the security check (there were 4 of us by the way)....NCL will refund you the $15 for any bottles you don't open on the ship but I'm not sure how that works as we drank all of ours. NCL also allowed us to take the bottles to our staterooms whereas I understand that Holland America keeps it in storage and you have to request it be brought to your cabin or dinner.

And why do I have way too much information on wine...my DH is a wine judge for a regional magazine so all our wine/cruise friends have experiences.

Oh and on Princess we were allowed to bring bottles on when we were in the USVI ports. But the wine selection was cruddy.

Donna

You can bring as many bottles of wine on Holland America as you want to.

My Husband and I brought 6 bottles of wine in one carryon and we took it to our room with no problems. They also have a very reasonable wine by the glass program that you can buy.

Well you are only caught changing planes if for some reason you have to go through security again which is unlikely. We did have trouble once when we delayed overnight but I convinced the Delta agent to allow us to check a 5th bag so no worries. AND not just duty free shops...as I mentioned in a different post some airports have great wine shops past the security gates. Donna

Well I do know that Heathrow and Frankfurt are two European airports that you have to go back thru security when changing planes, and for sure they will confiscate your wine.

We carry wine on ourselves. We each carry two... but split up to go through the screening separately. I also carry on one or two 12 packs of soda. I buy this at the port and stuff my carryon clothes/items into my larger checked bag. The only thing in my carryon (wheeled) is wine and soda. :)

Someone mentioned that on Sundays you can't buy alcohol in FL until noon. That's true. Which is why we will be hitting the store Saturday night after we arrive at the hotel!

One other thing... I buy diet tonic water in cans and bring that onboard. When I go to a bar I bring a can and order "a shot of Skyy on the rocks with lime". I detest fountain soda and prefer sugar free anyway. Never had an issue doing this.

Well I do know that Heathrow and Frankfurt are two European airports that you have to go back thru security when changing planes, and for sure they will confiscate your wine.

Well yes if you are traveling internationally....forgive my small mindedness

Donna

Archived