Dream room info

flimflubin

I would like a balcony room for my son and I. The only thing I don't want is someone looking directly down on me. I heard the cove balcony is wonderful but I'm nervous about getting sea sick being that close to the water. My travel agent suggest the following categories but wanted your advice as well.

Deck 6- 8B---price 1172.02

Deck 8- 8D---price 1207

Deck 11 8G---price 1237

Want a balcony room with good view and QUIET!

THANKS!

I think you have it backwards. the lower the deck the least motion .. so you would have less motion in a cove than a regular balcony, not more.

Just the opposite of what you are thinking.

The deck 6s overlook the hot tubs, and people are complaining about that a lot .. they are not too private.

I would like a balcony room for my son and I. The only thing I don't want is someone looking directly down on me. I heard the cove balcony is wonderful but I'm nervous about getting sea sick being that close to the water. My travel agent suggest the following categories but wanted your advice as well.

Deck 8- 8D---price 1207

Deck 11 8G---price 1237

THANKS![/quote]

I booked a COVE for Sept 2011 for the new experience as well as the additional privacy actually. As the prior post said lower on the ship, the less motion, Your travel agent should have told you this? Sounds like they are trying to get you to book a higher category 8 and there may be more in it for them rather than your concerns. A COVE is a Category 7 and from everything I've researched is what you are looking for. Plus they appear to be the cheapest for what they offer. If I am correct the COVE is also a larger size balcony as well.

Regardless of where your stateroom is, you will have to go up to the higher decks anyway for the pool, food, entertainment etc. If you do have a problem with motion sickness there are many products out there that can help you.

Good Luck and have a safe, trip.

We are sailing on the Dream in April. I would suggest deck 8 simply because it is "sandwiched" in between decks above and below with cabins. I dont think it is that high that you will notice a difference. The cove balconies look great from the pictures I've seen but I would be afraid that if the seas are rough that those balconies would be closed off. There is another thread on here about them being closed off due to winds/weather. I have sailed plenty of times in all different locations and usually try to book like this.

Hope that helps.

Deck 8- 8D---price 1207

Deck 11 8G---price 1237

THANKS!

I would agree with the others here. The Cove Balcony cabins have less movement than the upper deck cabins. If You're afraid that looking directly at the water moving will make you sea sick, that's a false notion. It's being further out of sight of horizon that contributes to motion sickness.

However, if your TA is suggesting these types of cabins, as others have said Deck 6 8Bs do look out over the winged spa hottubs and the wider portion of the Lanai Deck and for cabins within the line of sight of these hot tubs, you can bee seen from them when you are on your balcony. If you go with an 8B on the Upper Deck (deck 6) try to get one of the cabins closer to the glass elevators by the atrium...6272-6290 or 6275-6295. You're above the fun shops. Likewise on the Verandah deck(Deck 8) cabins 8258-8276 or 8259-8277. The Verandah deck also give you a bit more quiet as you have cabins above and below you.These cabins on both these decks are also more centrally located on the Dream and thus the up and down motion you might experience being further forward or aft is minimized.

If you have to choose Deck 11, get cabins 11248-11260 or 11247-11259 to minimize any noise you may hear from the water slide entrance. Again you'll have cabins above you and below you. But if the ship is rolling side to side you'll feel it more up on this deck.

Verandah deck(Deck 8) cabins 8258-8276 or 8259-8277. The Verandah deck also give you a bit more quiet as you have cabins above and below you.These cabins on both these decks are also more centrally located on the Dream and thus the up and down motion you might experience being further forward or aft is minimized.

Thank you! Does cabins 8258-8276 and 8259- 8277 look directly into the ocean without an obstructed view?

We had a balcony room in November on deck 8 and we loved it. There were cabins above us and below us and never had any problems. Ours was 8346 and we loved the location. Also people may complain about the lanai being in the way but deck 8 is far enough from it that it was never a problem, you still get a great ocean view. Obviously if you look straight down you will see the lanai but it never was a bother for us. :)

Also I'm not sure if you are on the Western or Eastern route for the Dream but if you are on the Western route, the rooms 8258-8276 are the better choice because when we docked it was Portside. This allows you to have a wonderful view of the port area and also great views while arriving and leaving.

I think you have it backwards. the lower the deck the least motion .. so you would have less motion in a cove than a regular balcony, not more.

Just the opposite of what you are thinking.

The deck 6s overlook the hot tubs, and people are complaining about that a lot .. they are not too private.

We were on 7 directly over the hot tubs and your right , it was'nt that private but it did'nt bother us. When our door was shut you couldnt hear anything

Hi

My wife and I had concerns about sea sickness in the cove balconies.Its true that there is less motion on the bottom decks,but we thought being close to the fast moving water while the ship was in motion might be a problem.my wife is pron to motion sickness.We did book a cove last year, and it was fine.There are three oval holes near the bottom of the balcony.I did avoid looking at the water through them while the ship was moving.Other then that all was well.You are about thirty feet above the water.We love the coves and booked again for February.I guess no balcony is 100% private,but the coves are better then the the other open to the sky balconies on the dream.

Was on the Dream last week in OS 7379.

It's right above the Lanai bbq area & the hot tub is nearby...quite noisy.

Also, if you have kids running in the hall...noisy.

People returning to their cabins late at night & not lowering their voices...noisy

We ran into a storm on the Thursday night..ship was rocking...I was rocking in my bed...made it difficult to sleep.

Cruisingly Yours

Teemsum I see that you were in cabin 7379, I will be in cabin 7371 3 doors down and I am concerned about the movement of the ship. I was told this was a good place to stay because it was midship. Was the motion all the time or only that day? Were the rooms worth the price? Not that I can change it now but just wanted to know.

I sailed with someone who gets extremely motion sick... car sick, sea sick you name it.

We sailed in a Cove balcony. She did great. In fact, she commented that it was the first time she had not gotten sea sick at all on a cruise.

She had such a positive experience and is ready to book another cruise...in a COVE BALCONY!!! :D We had cabin 2288

Deck 8- 8D---price 1207

Deck 11 8G---price 1237

THANKS!

DO not get deck 6 you will have other passengers looking up at you...

Go with Deck 8 Category 8D

my parents had a balcony last week on the dream, deck 12.

they unfortunately had a room that was near the water park/slide, so they constantly heard kids running in and out, back and forth.

The water slide hours are quite limited, so unless someone needs extended afternoon naps, (your parents perhaps?) that shouldn't be an issue.

Archived