Where's Billy Vader?

Rick&Jenny

Billy is funny the first time, but he needs to change his act, which he doesn't, not wanting anyone out of work but I do so hope he's been flushed down the toilet with his toilet joke. We are on the Emerald again in Feb hope new acts are onboard

Well we saw him with you on the Island and laughed quite heartily. Then saw him again on the Emerald last December and it was exactly the same show, except he forget several of his lines! At first I thought it was part of the act, but he looked truly confused and those in the audience who weren't filing out seemed uncomfortable. I was wondering if he was having health issues but in any event I agree that if he can't make people laugh, he should move on...

Billy Vader has comedy current with the times, unfortunately those times were the early 70's at the latest.

Yeh, he was OK the 1st appearance on our 1st cruise but made himself look out-of-it during a wake-up show taping and on the subsequent shows and even more so when he re-appeared on a 2nd cruise we did.

Time for the pasture.

We have, in the past, recieved e mails from Princess about two weeks before the cruise with a schedule of shows and entertainment.

Interesting. I've never received any information of this sort from Princess. Did you sign up for something special on the Princess website?

Billy is funny the first time, but he needs to change his act, which he doesn't, not wanting anyone out of work but I do so hope he's been flushed down the toilet with his toilet joke. We are on the Emerald again in Feb hope new acts are onboard

We thoroughly enjoyed his performance. Only saw him once. It would help if he did change his comedy routine a bit if everyone thinks it's become stale....although, he may not realize how many passengers have seen his routine. I wouldn't wish anyone flushed down the toilet. Maybe you meant you hoped his same act was flushed down the toilet with his toilet joke? I hope his forgetting bits of his routine is not due to ill health.

• 3 months later...
Just sailed on Island Princes in Oct 2011 and he was the opening show. I thinks he should retire!

Loonbeam posted all the patters and Billy Vader was listed on his cruise on the Island Princess. You may have been on the same cruise as him.

I hope they have someone better for our New Year's cruise on the Island Princess.

Archived