Where's Billy Vader?

Rick&Jenny

Hopefully as far away from any ship I'm sailing on, he's horrendous - right up there with Bert Stratton in terms of entertainment

Terry

If you want some really bad entertainment, don't forget "The Gaucho Man" who often shows up on South American cruises. That guy is a one-man "let's find the exit, pronto."

He must appeal to a certain age group, like those over 70. Frankly, we just didn't "get it" with him. His comedy routine was the worst we have ever seen anywhere. It was painful to sit through. Many people got up and left in the middle of it. His comedy seemed to please only a few older people in the crowd.

Never had the pleasure of seeing him;) Not to venture too far off topic, too bad Princess dot com would not post the entertainment for upcoming cruises. Or have a link to the folks who entertain and find their schedule.

Just a thought:)

We have, in the past, recieved e mails from Princess about two weeks before the cruise with a schedule of shows and entertainment.

We have, in the past, recieved e mails from Princess about two weeks before the cruise with a schedule of shows and entertainment.

Thanks. I was thinking more along the lines of when searching for a cruise, checking out the entertainment ahead of time. IE - there is a band that I really like and if I knew what ship they would be on, it might help me make a decision to take that particular cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

Saw him twice on the Emerald Princess in 2008 and he was very funny and had a captive audience. Sorry to hear he's less liked recently; perhaps he's slipping with age. I laughed so hard when I saw him one night that my ribs hurt the next day.

Was hoping we'd see him in Jan. on the Ruby but he was not there. Didn't like the comedian they had very much: not really a funny guy.

We saw him on the Emerald and December and didn't like him at all. It was like they were trying to force him on us in the theatre with him as a part of the first nights welcome aboard show, his own show, and a part of the farewell show on the last night. He wasn't funny and it was like he was trying to entertain himself more than the audience. Not good.

• 5 months later...

Archived