Tulum excursion

beachh2o

We are going on a 7-day cruise on the LEGEND the end of March and the TULUM excursion is not offered-I called customer service and they aren't sure as to the reason. Does anyone know if there is a problem? Thx

Maybe not enought time in Port (at Cozumel?)??? - it's a FULL day excursion! ken

There was an excursion that I was interested in booking once..... I think it was Uxmal from Progreso. It was not showing up in Carnival's excursions until 2 or 3 weeks before the cruise date. Someone told me that every year, tour operators must be inspected and certified before the excursion can be offered by Carnival. Since this is the first of the year, I am guessing they haven't gotten around to inspecting them yet. Keep checking, and it will probably come up soon. I believe the time that happened to me was also on a Feb. or March cruise.

You can also wait until you are on board ship and then book it at the excursion desk when you board.

Another alternative would be to contact Johann and Sandra at cozumel-tours dot com and see what they charge and what they say about time. These folks are familar with cruisers time dilemnas from Cozumel and if they don't think they can do it they'll let you know.

Remember as well that Cozumel does not observe daylight savings time until April 3rd, versus the US beginning on March 13th, so your 7A-5P will be 5A-3P in Mexico until after April 3rd , plenty of time to catch the 7AM ferry to Playa, but you'll need to be on the 1PM to Cozumel for the return; 2PM enters you in the Cozumel Pier dash. Ship or private, not a lot of time at Tulum.

We are going on a 7-day cruise on the LEGEND the end of March and the TULUM excursion is not offered-I called customer service and they aren't sure as to the reason. Does anyone know if there is a problem? Thx

The Legend used to have a normal routine of:

Tue = Grand Cayman

-> Wed = Cozumel

-> Thur = Belize

-> Fri = Roatan,

but for your sailing they have swapped Coz and Roatan days. Perhaps they haven't yet arranged for the tour operator to cover on Friday?

Archived