Spirit Class Aft Wrap Wind / Environment

valley1pw

I've searched and read a ton of threads but found nothing describing how windy it is or can be aft. Can a few of you please describe your experiences and what level you were on ? We have stood at end of ship on Lido at times and thought we were about to go over ! Surely it's buffered but would feel better reading a few descriptions. We are on a Panorama (8) wrap on the Pride come March. I've read about possible soot, cig butts etc. but nothing of bothersome wind. Thanks !

DH and I were on the Spirit aft wraps for a b2b in Sept 09. First leg in 8268 - second leg 4237. Loved them both, same room dif corner, but 4237 has a full overhang which was great in case of rain and complete pricacy. 8268 people above on lido could look down on you, wind never an issue but not the privacy. Once you do after wras you'll be spoiled!;)

We had 8268 on Legend in Dec 2009 & Miracle last month.

Never...thankfully...had a problem with ash or soot or anything. it can be windy on the side part of the wrap...never windy on the aft part looking straight out back. Be careful walking over to the side part of the balcony - hold onto your eyeglasses and hats until you know the wind situation.

And, YES, we are SPOILED!

We have done several aft wraps - Spirit class and others. It can be breezy - but we have never found it to be "bothersome". In fact - less wind is one thing we love about the aft baclony - compared to one on the side of the ship.

Yep! If you desire more wind, just head to the side part of your balcony. Eventually you'll find your Goldilocks spot! :D

(See you in SIX days... from one corner to the other)!! :cool:

Tom

Schweet....I was hoping for good news but didn't think this good ! I realized it will be windier near and after the corner but wasn't sure if it simmered way down at other end of balc. I think now that may be the main reason they wont allow the divider with next room open (around corner) as it would just increase the wind velocity. BTW, 8268 is it too ! Have 8271 OS on other corner and 8269. We should have somewhere where there is sun or cover at all times. Beginning to believe there are as many ways to be spoiled on these ships as there are decks:). 401K and wrap almost rhymes !

DH and I were on the Spirit aft wraps for a b2b in Sept 09. First leg in 8268 - second leg 4237. Loved them both, same room dif corner, but 4237 has a full overhang which was great in case of rain and complete pricacy. 8268 people above on lido could look down on you, wind never an issue but not the privacy. Once you do after wras you'll be spoiled!;)

We are sailing on the Spirit for an Alaskian cruise in June. We have Cabin # 8268 booked. Does this cabin have a seperate bedroom? I have read the post and sounds like a great cabin. We are having 3 adults in our party, andare trying to avoid booking another cabin.

We are sailing on the Spirit for an Alaskian cruise in June. We have Cabin # 8268 booked. Does this cabin have a seperate bedroom? I have read the post and sounds like a great cabin. We are having 3 adults in our party, andare trying to avoid booking another cabin.

It does on Pride so I assume Spirit too. The couch is the 3rd bed and doesn't open. If you put 3 in there the price per person drops too. Alaska on my bucket list too. Have to get this one with family and Grandchildren done first. Book it !

Archived