Tipping Question Pride

Cruiseforfun1

Haven't cruised for about 3 years, but we are leaving on the Pride this Sunday he 23rd. When I last cruised, tips could be pre-paid at booking or done personally on the ship. I read somewhere on here that they are sometimes added to the Sail and Sign cards. Does anyone know how they handle the tips on the Pride? and if done indiviudally, what are the recommended guidelines now? Thanks!

If you don't pre-tip, they will automatically be added to your S and S account at the rate of $10 per person per day.

This will be disseminated to all the people that service you, including your room steward, your MDR staff, as well as the Lido staff.

Haven't cruised for about 3 years, but we are leaving on the Pride this Sunday he 23rd. When I last cruised, tips could be pre-paid at booking or done personally on the ship. I read somewhere on here that they are sometimes added to the Sail and Sign cards. Does anyone know how they handle the tips on the Pride? and if done indiviudally, what are the recommended guidelines now? Thanks!

Hello Cruiseforfun1,

I'm also on this sailing, you should come over to the roll call, the more the merrier:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=332

Just go scroll down to our sailing.

I dont think the guidelines on how much to tip have changed in something like 13 years or a long time ..

they will be exactly the same as when you cruised 3 years ago. RCL has upped their tips starting next summer, but Carnival has given their cabin stewards and waiters more work to do, so they service more and more people to get more tips. Different philosophies.

Archived