Celebrity Excursion: Mi Dushi

EithneMay

I know that Mi Dushi is available privately on Aruba, but I am also interested in this tour being offered through the cruise line. Does anyone have any experience using the cruise line? I am most interested in how many people, and if this truly is the "calm, romantic, and relaxing" excursion as they advertise it to be. Not intersted in a large party boat with loud music and hoards of people.

I know that Mi Dushi is available privately on Aruba, but I am also interested in this tour being offered through the cruise line. Does anyone have any experience using the cruise line? I am most interested in how many people, and if this truly is the "calm, romantic, and relaxing" excursion as they advertise it to be. Not intersted in a large party boat with loud music and hoards of people.

Booked MiDushi on my own. Great time not a rowdy group

Just back from Aruba last week!! We sailed the Miracle and they offered this excursion.

It was about $30 more booking through the cruise line than booking on your own...but they would not let you book if they knew you were on a cruise...all in all well worth the extra $30!!! I think we paid & about $80 pp.

The Mi Dushi is a fabulous sailboat! Great day, can't say enough about it! The staff is great, helpful, fun. Food was very good, grilled fish, chicken salad, rice, roll - drinks were ABUNDANT and heavy pours! They picked us up right at the ship, (and brought us back as well) fun crazy Caribbean style bus ride to and from the dock at the beach, tender out to the Mi Dushi from the beach. We started with Mimosa's in the morning and drank all day...they have a few very interesting signature drinks - ask Maria (the bartender) about her signature drink called a "Mother (insert bad word here)" It's a hum dinger of a cocktail! ;)

I think they said the Mi Dushi holds about 64 passengers but they only allowed 32 passengers to book through Carnival. Nice mix of ages, mostly adults, only a couple of older kids.

We were treated very well. They provide masks, snorkel (with new single use packaged mouthpieces - I can be a germ freak so I brought my own) who knew? Fins and vests are also supplied.

We went to three snorkel stops...first one - the talked about sunken ship...it was rough water that day so about half of the people did not get off at this stop. Safety was first and foremost with them, they watched everyone and insisted on vest use at this stop. Warned folks about the sharp areas and other dangers.

Second and third stops were calmer waters...very nice. Easy snorkel. They helped everyone on and off the boat and with equipment...of course you could jump, dive in off the boat if wanted....duh...that's the fun isn't it??

The sunken ship was OK to snorkel....a good surface dive was needed to get down deep enough to see the good stuff....probably cause it was so rough. Not very many big fish but lots of colorful little ones. Not the best snorkeling I've done, but still decent. You could try out the rope swing off the ship, lay out on the hammock...relax, swim out to a beach....very relaxed. No crazy party music, just the sounds of the sea!! About 5 1/2 to 6 hours total time. Singing and dancing on the party bus back to the ship...it was a fun ride back!

We saw the "Jolly Roger" boats...way too commercial....party, loud music. The Mi Dushi is a much classier operation. Like sailing with friends (who do all the work)!

The Captain...well my girlfriends....that sailor "boy" is absolutely adorable too....a little eye candy for the ladies :eek:

I know, I know...we really aren't cougars....but I was on a girlfriend trip with 9 50 something year old women....we liked the eye candy!!:p

Hope you have a great cruise!!

Jan

Just back from Aruba last week!! We sailed the Miracle and they offered this excursion.

It was about $30 more booking through the cruise line than booking on your own...but they would not let you book if they knew you were on a cruise...all in all well worth the extra $30!!! I think we paid & about $80 pp.

Jan

Jan, did they not want you to book if you were on a cruise because you were on a certain cruise line or just in general. Would love to go on this trip but will be on the Jewel RCCL in April. Jolly Rogers seems to get alot of bad reviews.

Thanks for your input.

Claudette

Booked MiDushi on my own. Great time not a rowdy group

I have been trying to leave a message on their website for more information but it keeps giving me an error. Do you have a direct email address for them. Thank you for your input.

Claudette

This may be a dumb question...does one have to snorkel. Hubby doesn't care too- but the excursion sounds like a fun time
It's not a dumb question. No one has to snorkle on any snorkel tour in the Caribbean. My wife is not always comfortable in the water as she's not a good swimmer and she sometimes stays on board. Last Feb. we went on the Windward snorkel trip. It was a drift snorkel where you 'go with the current'. I freaked out about that and we BOTH stayed on board. Not a problem.

I have been trying to leave a message on their website for more information but it keeps giving me an error. Do you have a direct email address for them. Thank you for your input.

Claudette

Depending on what line you are on, you may be able to book them through the cruise ship.

Claudette

The web site is working now:

http://www.midushi.com/

If you're lucky, your cruise ship won't have them scheduled.

If they are, you won't be able to book them directly. You'll have to book thru the ship costing more.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Jan, did they not want you to book if you were on a cruise because you were on a certain cruise line or just in general. Would love to go on this trip but will be on the Jewel RCCL in April. Jolly Rogers seems to get alot of bad reviews.

Thanks for your input.

Claudette

I don't know what the reason was...I know when I tried to book I did not mention I was cruising in. I gave them the date, They were chartered that day....and it was by Carnival! Since I was on the Carnival ship, I had to book through them. It worked out fine.

Jan

We also did this through Celebrity. We tried booking privately and they said it had to be booked through the ship. It was well worth the money - one of the nicest excursions we have ever been on. We were under sail most of the time. Great crew, good barbaque lunch and nice drinks. Not rowdy at all - very relaxing!

We also did this through Celebrity. We tried booking privately and they said it had to be booked through the ship. It was well worth the money - one of the nicest excursions we have ever been on. We were under sail most of the time. Great crew, good barbaque lunch and nice drinks. Not rowdy at all - very relaxing!

About how many people would you say were on board?

I am not a good judge of the number of people but I would guess 30. It was not crowded.

Thanks for the reply. 30 or less is do-able. I believe there were 60+ on the similar excursion I did (Jolly Pirates) in Aruba. NOT doing that again.

Archived