Western vs Eastern vs Southern Caribbean - Which is best?

CruiseAdict218

My favorite is a Southern Caribbean embarking/disembarking in San Juan, with extra days in San Juan. San Juan has so much to offer--great forts, great dining, bio bay, rainforest, radio telescope, great beaches. San Juan is also one of my favorite ports to sail out of (Istanbul and Vancouver are my other favorites so far).

• 1 year later...

My fiancee and I will be taking our honeymoon in the Caribbean! We wanted to do a Southern, since she has done both the Eastern and Western with her family. Unfortunately because of time constraints we can't find a flight that will get us to San Juan in time :( Instead we will be taking the Western aboard Carnival Conquest out of New Orleans. 5 months should be enough time to fix the ship right? :rolleyes: I can't wait either way since I have never been on a cruise before!

My fiancee and I will be taking our honeymoon in the Caribbean! We wanted to do a Southern, since she has done both the Eastern and Western with her family. Unfortunately because of time constraints we can't find a flight that will get us to San Juan in time :( Instead we will be taking the Western aboard Carnival Conquest out of New Orleans. 5 months should be enough time to fix the ship right? :rolleyes: I can't wait either way since I have never been on a cruise before!

Why would it need to to be fixed? The recent Carnival "incident" was on the Triumph...

We've been cruising for a long time and love the Caribbean ... love them all.

Picking a favorite itinerary is difficult.

Guess, :eek: if someone put a gun to my head, we would pick Eastern because St.Maarten is our favorite port stop of all.

Whatever, you won't be unhappy -- South, East, or West. So many good things about ALL. :)

LuLu

~~~~

This is the Princess board area of these forums so just an FYI, Princess has a wonderful 10 day Sourthern Cruise that leaves from Fort Lauderdale. It goes as far down as Barbados (my fav) then returns to Fort Lauderdale. Check their site out for your next cruise... :-) As soon as you cruise once, you'll be hooked. My first cruise was a nightmare, but I gave it a second chance and well we really enjoy it. Have fun! :)

Archived