Pop stations?

DQlover

There are no "Pop Stations" You have to purchase a sticker that goes on your sign and sail card. Then you show that to any bartender and he will give you a glass of your choice of soda. I believe with tip it is around $50 on a 7 day cruise.

There are no "Pop Stations" You have to purchase a sticker that goes on your sign and sail card. Then you show that to any bartender and he will give you a glass of your choice of soda. I believe with tip it is around $50 on a 7 day cruise.

For a seven day voyage the fee is $36.23 for a guest 17 years or younger and $48.30 for adults. The fee includes the 15% gratuity.

:)

I know that going to a bartender is easy, but will he/she fill your larger cup? I really would like to bring a big insulated mug and have it filled. Then go to deck 9 and lay on a chaise.................

I imagine my children will be a little hesitant as well. They are a bit shy, mainly with adults, so getting it DONE (more soda) so we do not need to go back several times would be wonderful.

If not, I probably will just bring the soda. Hate to lug it around in my suitcase, but if necessary I will. (I got 10 free checked bags from my airlines:D). Taking a SAS shuttle to port, so no way to buy it in Miami.

Michelle

My experiences: too long of a wait for a small cup, filled to the top with ice, then a couple ounces of soda. Nowadays, I generally have a soda in the MDR each evening.

Go ahead now and flame me to a crisp in fine CC form (because my opinion/experiences differ from the Supreme Majority)...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I know that going to a bartender is easy, but will he/she fill your larger cup? I really would like to bring a big insulated mug and have it filled. Then go to deck 9 and lay on a chaise.................

I imagine my children will be a little hesitant as well. They are a bit shy, mainly with adults, so getting it DONE (more soda) so we do not need to go back several times would be wonderful.

If not, I probably will just bring the soda. Hate to lug it around in my suitcase, but if necessary I will. (I got 10 free checked bags from my airlines:D). Taking a SAS shuttle to port, so no way to buy it in Miami.

Michelle

Nope... they will fill a standard cup of 16 ounces and hand it to you. You have to dump it in your mug yourself...

:)

My experiences: too long of a wait for a small cup' date=' filled to the [b']top[/b] with ice, then a couple ounces of soda. Nowadays, I generally have a soda in the MDR each evening.

Go ahead now and flame me to a crisp in fine CC form (because my opinion/experiences differ from the Supreme Majority)...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

No flames. Can't you tell them you don't want any ice? Our youngest son gets a soda sticker on every cruise and he's never had a problem getting a full glass of Coke with just a little ice.

No flames. Can't you tell them you don't want any ice? Our youngest son gets a soda sticker on every cruise and he's never had a problem getting a full glass of Coke with just a little ice.

I'm sure a person could, but I don't like room temperature soda. The ONLY glasses I was ever served with a Soda Card were the same size as what you would get a mixed drink in.

What about standing at bar, getting the icy 16 oz soda, dumping it into my mug and then asking for another 16 ouncer with no ice to pour into same mug? Will they do that?

Based on reading of the experiences of others, it sounds like it. Never hurts to ask! :)

Don't freak out about the soda card. You paid for UNLIMITED sodas. If you want to sit at a bar and drink coke after coke after coke, no one will tell you no. Your bartender may not like you but they won't say no. Haha.

On my last cruise I was still addicted to diet coke and my bartender filled a large mug for me. I tipped him a few dollars and he took care of me all week. Be polite and you'll typically get what you want!

I'm sorry, I had to laugh when I saw the title of this thread. I still can't get used to hearing people call Coke "pop" but I'm from the south. :D And it is VERY convenient to get a Coke at any bar with the sticker.

"Pop" is more than Coke. It means the same as soda, and the term "Soda" consists of more than Coke as well.

I'm sorry, I had to laugh when I saw the title of this thread. I still can't get used to hearing people call Coke "pop" but I'm from the south. :D And it is VERY convenient to get a Coke at any bar with the sticker.

Me too! I thought the tread was referring to music on the ship. :p

When my kids were young (10 years old), they LOVED getting their drinks at the bars. In fact, all the bar tenders knew my boys by name.

"Pop" is more than Coke. It means the same as soda, and the term "Soda" consists of more than Coke as well.

In the South, we call any soft drink "Coke". :D

When talking to a guest in your home: "want some Coke?" Answer: "sure what kind you got?" Answer: "Pepsi, Dr. Pepper"

Archived