A picnic or music on the lawn on Eclipse?

Boiler Fan

I have heard that sometimes there is an opportunity to have a picnic lunch or a glass of wine while listening to music sitting on the grass at the Lawn Club on the S class ships. Is this true? We are on the Feb. 5 Eclipse sailing and would love to have the chance to do this. It sounds like fun. Has anyone any information on this? Thanks!

I might have missed something, but I have been on Solstice and Eclipse and do not recall an occasion where they had musical entertainment. I recall the lawn as being pretty much just that - lawn. But you can sit and picnic on it if you want to I guess. I personally find the whole lawn thing pretty useless and a waste of good space, but I'm sure there are many who disagree with me (and I'm sure they'll put their two cents in soon:))

I was on th Eclipse last month and enjoyed the lawn. Played bocce and had a drink. Some nice chairs out there and a putting green. I did not see any music playing but I think there was one night. I can't find my dailies to check. believe it or not, the grass was well kept.

I was on the Jan. 2 Eclipse cruise and they did the wine and cheese concert exactly as pictured here by another poster. They set out those blankets as well as little pads to sit on. It was listed on the front page of the daily, held at 7:30pm (same time as the senior officer party, but we chose this instead and were glad we did). Can't remember which night.

That's sound wonderful; what a great use of the Lawn! Were wine & cheese available outdoors or did you have to bring it from one of the restaurants or room service? Do they provide picnic boxes?

We chose a blanket on the lawn and a waiter came to take our drinks order as they would do in a bar, cheese was brought to us on plates with dried fruit, nuts and crackers. We had the jazz trio playing and it was a wonderful night! Shame it started to rain and we had to pack up.

You can order picnic baskets to have on the lawn during the day, not sure how much that is but it is advertised in the daily newspaper.

We loved the lawn, played bowls regularly and enjoyed the hot glass show. Enjoy!

Archived