Solstice cruisers be advised about possible routing changes....

floridacruisers

We're leaving on the Solstice this Sunday (Jan. 30) and just found out that St Thomas is replacing St. Kitts on our itinerary. Luckily for us, we had no set tour, just planned on going to a hotel and beach. Suggest you monitor your trip on the Solstice for any last minute changes. Believe this was done due to crowding in St Kitts. Not sure why we were picked on. Might have been another Celebrity ship there also and we were chosen??? Oh well:(. Life goes on and we're on a ship. Can't be all that bad.

Phil

You would have been in port with Eclipse, Emerald Princess and Seabourn Legend. There is only one pier, and I don't think it could handle three large ships. You will have even more ships with you in St. Thomas: Eurodam, Disney Magic, NCL Epic, Freedom of the Seas, Carnival Glory. You will probably end up in Crown Bay with Epic. EM

You would have been in port with Eclipse, Emerald Princess and Seabourn Legend. There is only one pier, and I don't think it could handle three large ships. You will have even more ships with you in St. Thomas: Eurodam, Disney Magic, NCL Epic, Freedom of the Seas, Carnival Glory. You will probably end up in Crown Bay with Epic. EM

Holy Cow! :eek:

That's about 16,700 cruise ship passengers on those 5 ships alone!

Sounds to me like poor planning on someone's part. I'm sure they take into consideration things like how crowded a port will be on any given day. Or does it work that all cruise lines set their itineraries, some schedule a stop, even knowing that there's already going to be three or four other ships there, and hope that someone else will pull out? If so, that's a pretty awesome game of chicken. How does a port even allow more ships to schedule a stop than they have pier space for, or do they even have a say?

Just got off the phone with Celebrity. Now Feb 1=San Juan, Feb 2=St. Maarten, Feb 3=St Thomas (got email from TA and confirmed on web site "cruise calendar" tab).

Rep on phone spoke with shore excursions supervisor when asked by me as to whether current excursion I have booked for St Maarten would shift to new day. They ARE working on that with tour operators, but not finalized and may not be able to do so before we sail. May end up having to address all excursion changes/additions when on board. May or may not get notice as to excursion status before boarding.

Once on board, we can book via room TV, booking form from room dropped off in box next to shore excursions desk, or free-for-all with 2500 of your closest friends in the shore excursions desk line. Good luck all...

I knew we would be crowded in St. Thomas. That's pretty much the standard nowadays. But do I have to suffer looking at the Epic too? :rolleyes:

Phil

I do notice that since we are in St Thomas on the 3rd, not the 2nd, we luck out with only two other ships that day (at least acccording to the site I looked at). Looks like 2 princess ships. So, no Ugly Epic to be parked next to!

Archived