Constellation...good or bad?

rocketgirl_007

I was on the same cruise and would have to echo your comments except for the dining room food quality. We have been solely cruising Celebrity since 2005 and have seen the food slowly declining each year.

This year it was not at all up to the Celebrity standard that we have enjoyed in the past. Fish dishes were fishy, beef cuts were tough. You would need a chain saw to cut it, even veal chops served pretty rare were poor quality and chewy. This was our table of 6 experiences.

Only 2 main dishes in 14 days were good to excellent Lamb Shank and Osco Boco.

I’m curious to know what type of dinning you did select, early, late?

It was a big surprise to us in an otherwise excellent cruise.

I did feel however that the other venues Spa café, outside grill, and the buffet which we normally don’t do too much were excellent for breakfast, and looked good and heard was good for dinner.

I really hope that our waiter was just grabbing the wrong plates each night because dinner in the dining room has always been the highlight.

We are not at all hard to please and are booked back on the Connie next year hopping this one was a fluke.

We experienced the same terrible fish and meat courses in the MDR on the Mercury. I'm beginning to think they are just buying lesser quality cuts of meat and fish. We did the Mercury in December and just got off the Grand Princess last week. The meat and fish on Princess were far superior to the Mercury.

We experienced the same terrible fish and meat courses in the MDR on the Mercury. I'm beginning to think they are just buying lesser quality cuts of meat and fish. We did the Mercury in December and just got off the Grand Princess last week. The meat and fish on Princess were far superior to the Mercury.

It is interesting as I have always been happy in the main dinning room. Yes it has changed over the years but I always came back to Celebrity because I thought the value was still there. This cruise is the first time I can not say that.

Still better than work, but a cruise line must earn my dollars with the standard they set, or it will be time to move on.

Onboard Constellation now and I can honestly tell you that cruising does not get any better than this! We are into our fifth day and it's been absolustely wonderful. The crew is awesome (we have our best cabin attendant & head waiter ever and our regular waiter & assistant is just as good). The food is very, very good (Oceanliners tonight) and the ports so far (St. Thomas/St. John & Antigua) have been great. Found a new beach in Antigua and it is one of the prettiest beaches we've ever seen -- Valley Church. It's an $16 per person taxi ride round trip and worth every penny. Beach chairs/umbrellas available ($5 each) and a very nice beach bar with great food! Lots more to come in the real review post cruise. Just had some free wi-fi at a bar so I thought i'd say hello and if you have a cruise coming up on Connie, she's the best!!!!

This is a perfect example of subjective tastes...I would have said the exact opposite. Just got off a fine Princess cruise, but I found the steaks to be of a lower quality. You can count how many times I've sent a meal back on one hand (and you'd only need one or two fingers!), but did that on the Princess. I did enjoy the fish and the lamb, but the steaks were not to my taste.

As to the Connie...she is our favorite ship of Celebrity and all the other Lines. Just seemed it's crew was one step above, and add that to the Celebriity quailty and common areas, you have a winner. We love the S-Class, but Connie is still our favorite!

And by the way, I've never been on a 'bad' ship. can't see how that is possible in this business. I can like another Line's approach to either a 'fun-party approach', or the 'layed back adult approach', I can enjoy the layout and decor of one ship over another, the SR's and so on, but a 'bad' ship? Guess its possible, but never cruised on a Line that would have a bad ship.

Den

Archived