Where can I order personalized kids cruise shirts?

AJI2596

I have now put my transfer on my shirts. I think that they are just darling. Now I want to do more. What fun. I bought shirts for $2.99 at Hobby Lobby. The transfer for Epson was $12.99 for 10. Then I did the fiver with Remy. All in all, I'm very happy. Sure beats the $50.00 if I had bought them on Ebay.

Nancy

• 3 weeks later...
She did it!!! I love it! I am having her make one up for my son to for his birthday since this isn't his first cruise:)

2183199210100827055S500x500Q85.jpg

Hello there,

I went on fiverr.com and searched all over the place for the person who made this for you and CANNOT find them.

Help please, I'd like one made also, thanks.

• 1 month later...
For those that put them on shirts already, how did they come out? I think I am doing something wrong:( My white background looks burnt. Is there a trick to iron on's?

I just followed the instructions on the HP photo t-shirt transfer paper I bought.... Are you sure you bought the paper for t-shirts??

IMG_0023-1.JPG

We were on a charter cruise recently where the big sail-away party is traditionally celebrated by wearing t-shirts from your home town. Being very remote, there is no such thing at stores, so I made my own, using the Avery iron-on transfers. I actually used Microsoft Word (something I'm fairly adept at) and inserted pictures and text. Some pics were lifted off web sites and some were our own. It was fun, easy and certainly unique. I did it on brand-new white shirts, whereas the transfers were several years old, so there is a slight off-color shadow but you'd really have to look for it.

I used a color ink-jet printer at home, fearing that the ink would run in rain and certainly in the wash, but now after a couple of washings, I really don't notice much fading and no runs. No guarantees of course.

Not intending to advertize, but here is a link for informational purposes. http://www.avery.com/avery/en_us/Products/Crafts-&-Scrapbooking/Fabric-Transfers/T_Shirt-Transfer_08938.htm

For those that put them on shirts already, how did they come out? I think I am doing something wrong:( My white background looks burnt. Is there a trick to iron on's?

Yes, don't burn it. :p lol

No, but seriously. The first few times I did this, my iron was on too high. If you are using a white shirt, you will burn the background if the iron is too hot. So I started using a much cooler iron and using a thicker towel to place between the transfer and the iron. Just enough to transfer, not enough to burn. If you overdo it, you will get a browish color. Not good.

Yes, don't burn it. :p lol

No, but seriously. The first few times I did this, my iron was on too high. If you are using a white shirt, you will burn the background if the iron is too hot. So I started using a much cooler iron and using a thicker towel to place between the transfer and the iron. Just enough to transfer, not enough to burn. If you overdo it, you will get a browish color. Not good.

Oops! I had it on high:(. Thank you so much for the tips. I will try it again:D

• 8 months later...
But doesn't anyone else have a weird feeling about putting children's names on shirts that any stranger can read? "Oh Rose your mom wants me to get you." CREEPY:eek:

I've always felt the same way! Way back when my boys played little league, I remember when it became the "thing" to put those decals on the back window of your SUV - you know...the ones that totally identify your child by gender, name, team and jersey number?! First time I saw that I remember thinking that's NUTS! No way in HECK would I identify MY kid to any random perv. Cute shirts tho...I guess.

I didn't even know such a store existed. What fun. I enjoyed looking it over. I may do stick figures but put real faces on them.

My girls are only 4 & 5. They will NEVER be alone on a Carnival ship at this age. (maybe never at any age.) I am not worried about their faces or names on a shirt for the cruise.

Nancy

I just ordered a t-shirt for my grandson for our NCL cruise in April. I found it on ebay. The girl will do anything you want on it including name of ship, date, names, color of hair. The design she put together came out great, and it was only $15 including shipping. (I think the price deppends on size and how many are ordered) Do a search for - Disney family land sea t-shirt - and it should come up. Click on contact seller at bottom of page and tell her what you want.

She will send you an email back with the design she came up with, and if you want anything changed she will do it.

Archived