Western Caribbean in November on Solstice?

Massnatives

Since we've been averaging 2 snowstorms a week in Massachusetts - I'm over-ready for another cruise!!!Has anyone taken the western Caribbean in the middle of November?I'm concerned with weather - what are the temps? I assume hurricane season should be over by then.We did the eastern route on the Solstice last year in late May - really looking forward to another Celebrity cruise!Thanks!Laurel

Hurricane season runs until the end of November, but hurricanes are less common in November than earlier on in the season. On average the weather is nice in the Caribbean that time of year, but as always with the weather there is no guarantee on any particular cruise of good weather. Go to a website like Yahoo Weather and type in the names of the cities/countries you are visiting and you will be able to obtain information on average monthly temperatures and precipitation by clicking where is says "Records and Averages"

Hate to tell you this, but Celebrity has decided to keep the Solstice in Europe through November. The Solstice won't start their Caribbean sailings until December. I know, because we had a B2B booked on the Solstice for Nov. but had to switch to the Eclipse. So we got two weeks with virtually the same itinerary. Good thing we booked more for the ship than itinerary! Celebrity does not offer a 7 day western route in Nov. 2011. Just thought you should know... But definitely a good idea to cruise in the warm Caribbean sunshine in November instead of being in the snow!!!

By the way, we've always had very good weather in the Caribbean when sailing in November. Sometimes a little rainy, but we've had that kind of weather when we've sailed in Feb/Mar as well. I think you'll be fine!

Amy - Say it isn't so!!!!I'm so disappointed! Now I'll have to rethink everything! And this would have been a birthday cruise for my hubby!Thanks Gonzo for the links for the weather.At least we have another snow storm to look forward to.Laurel

Lois - you're right. Just not any 7 day out of Miami/Ft. Lauderdale going Western. :(We were very much looking forward to going on alternating eastern/western itineraries on a Solstice class ship. Oh well!

Laurel - We were disappointed as well. :(

Thanks for all your responses.The only other western cruise would be on Solstice in December - I think on the 11th - hope that hasn't changed.My biggest fear is an early storm that paralyzes every plane east of the Mississippi. Some thinking to do.Laurel

Archived