Coral Secrets

mattyboy

Don't miss Maurizio singing in the Crooner's bar. He is scheduled to be there until May of this year. Great bar staff in Crooner's! Get there early for a good seat.

The forward secret doors on Caribe and Dolphin decks lead to a great place to watch going through the canal. They are marked "crew only" but are open on the canal days. If you do the full transit, get up before sunrise and watch the whole thing. Beautiful and fascinating.

You can make a poster for you transit day and the ship's photographers definitely get the front of the ship and the balcony cabins. Poster materials are available in the photo shop. Make sure you ask when they will be available. You might want to take your own marker because they ran low on those. I ended up using my bingo stamper as a marker and it worked fine.

We were fortunate enough to do the Ultimate Ships Tour and found out so many things and fun facts. It was expensive and you have to sign up upon boarding the first day--but, it was worth it. The "M1" runs the full length of the ship and is the crew's highway to everything. You have to take the tour to see this! Ended the tour with a visit to the bridge and questions answered by the Captain in his conference room afterwards. We had canapes and beverages to polish off the wonderful morning.

Finally, loved the true promenade deck to walk and enjoy the the views all the way around the ship.

We just returned from 15 days on the Coral and loved it! Have fun!

Getting ready for our March Panama Canal full transit and thought I'd ask for some great tips from all the knowledgeable cruisers our first time on the Coral.

Just off the Coral (partial transit). Tomorrow morning I will have a post of Our whole 10 day trip.

The secret door is a good thing to find.

Where will you be stopping?

When they have a big stage production in the Universe Lounge, make sure that you attend, they are few and far between. Some of the things that are done on the three stages are 'out of this world'.

An extra tip, sit nearer to the back of the lounge.

john

When they have a big stage production in the Universe Lounge, make sure that you attend, they are few and far between. Some of the things that are done on the three stages are 'out of this world'.

An extra tip, sit nearer to the back of the lounge.

john

I agree that the stage shows in the Universe Lounge are not to be missed. The Coral and the Island are the only two Princess ships with the three stages that rotate and raise and lower separately or together. There should be at least one show on your cruise specifically designed for the two ships

However, unlike mr green, my recommendation is to sit close to the stage. IMHO, once you try it you will never go (to the) back ;)

I agree that the stage shows in the Universe Lounge are not to be missed. The Coral and the Island are the only two Princess ships with the three stages that rotate and raise and lower separately or together. There should be at least one show on your cruise specifically designed for the two ships

However, unlike mr green, my recommendation is to sit close to the stage. IMHO, once you try it you will never go (to the) back ;)

The problem IMO of being close to the front, is that one needs about three sets of eyes to take in what is going on.:)

john

Don't miss Maurizio singing in the Crooner's bar. He is scheduled to be there until May of this year. Great bar staff in Crooner's! Get there early for a good seat.

Thanks so much for posting this...in all of our Princess cruises we have never seen Maurizio perform. We're on the Coral in April and we're so excited he's on board too. Can anyone tell us more about him & his performances?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived