Flamingoes, where to see them?

adventurous Duo

We took a taxi tour of the northern half of the island. The tour was probably only a couple of hours. It was a beautiful drive along the coastline and then around inland to the lake, the windward side of the island and then a few other stops. I would say mostly for photo opportunities. :)

bonairee_sm.jpg

bonairek_sm.jpg the lake in the distance

If we had had the time I would have loved to have seen the southern end of the island as well, but we took an unforgettable private snorkel tour in the morning and just did not have enough time.

My photos of the tour are pretty much in sequence from beginning to end at

http://www.our-cruises.com/bonaire/bonaire.htm and http://www.our-cruises.com/bonaire/bonairea.htm

We did not book the tour in advance, there were a ton of taxis as we left the cruise ship offering both tours. Sorry I do not remember the price, but it was reasonable.

We will stop at Aruba on our upcoming HAL cruise. I called the Renaissance last week to see if we would be able to buy day passes. I did call the hotel desk directly. The lady at the desk told me yes. She said to come straight to the desk when we leave the ship. I hope she knew what she was talking about. We stayed at the Renaissance a few years ago on a week long trip to Aruba. We loved their private island. (By the way, we did see the flamigos while we were there.) We are hoping to visit it again in a few weeks!

ETA: I do have a backup plan just in case..........Eagle Beach is our second choice.

Thanks for your help. Are there any generalized &/or specific areas to go to so that we can see them? Any help is greatly appreciated.

If you haven't gone yet, we saw flamingoes last month right off the road to the airport on Bonaire.

• 3 weeks later...
We will stop at Aruba on our upcoming HAL cruise. I called the Renaissance last week to see if we would be able to buy day passes. I did call the hotel desk directly. The lady at the desk told me yes. She said to come straight to the desk when we leave the ship. I hope she knew what she was talking about. We stayed at the Renaissance a few years ago on a week long trip to Aruba. We loved their private island. (By the way, we did see the flamigos while we were there.) We are hoping to visit it again in a few weeks!

ETA: I do have a backup plan just in case..........Eagle Beach is our second choice.

Thanks for the info! Did they happen to tell you what the day pass rate is? Thanks so much!

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the info! Did they happen to tell you what the day pass rate is? Thanks so much!

We just returned home from our cruise this past weekend. We did visit the Renaissance and got day passes from them. It was $75 per person. This price included a float and a lunch. They have a flamingo beach there. The flamingos were walking all around the beach!

• 11 months later...

Archived