Question about Onboard Booking Bonus

will773

I am looking into possibly taking a cruise in March on either the Navigator or the Majesty. The whole purpose was going to be for Cruise Credits, but now that's out the window. Now the benefit of this cruise would be to get the on board booking bonus. Here's my question: I know that the booking bonus is able to be combined with a balcony discount, but how does this work? Is the booking bonus still used as an OBC, or is it combined with the discount to create a further discount? Is it really worth it to do something like this?

• 3 weeks later...

I got the booking bonus of 200 OBC when I booked onboard. I booked 2 staterooms, one for my partner and I (both C&A members) and the other for sister-in-law & her husband who are new to cruising. The OBC was split between the two staterooms/reservations. I didn't question it at the time, but I wonder why the full 200 wasn't applied to our stateroom?

I got the booking bonus of 200 OBC when I booked onboard. I booked 2 staterooms, one for my partner and I (both C&A members) and the other for sister-in-law & her husband who are new to cruising. The OBC was split between the two staterooms/reservations. I didn't question it at the time, but I wonder why the full 200 wasn't applied to our stateroom?

On board booking bonuses are always per cabin based on the length of the cruise. I do this on virtually all my cruises.

If you book two cabins for a 7 night cruise, then each of them get $100 obc.

The booking can be transferred later on to another cruise if you change your mind, and the obc goes over to the new cruise. You TRANSFER the booking, NOT cancel and rebook. Always protect that obc by keeping the same booking number.

I am looking into possibly taking a cruise in March on either the Navigator or the Majesty. The whole purpose was going to be for Cruise Credits, but now that's out the window. Now the benefit of this cruise would be to get the on board booking bonus. Here's my question: I know that the booking bonus is able to be combined with a balcony discount, but how does this work? Is the booking bonus still used as an OBC, or is it combined with the discount to create a further discount? Is it really worth it to do something like this?

I have also booked on board and much later upgraded to a balcony and received the balcony discount in addition to the obc. As explained above, they are separate. The booking bonus is ALWAYS an obc, while the balcony discount comes right off the price of the cruise.

YES, it is definitely worth doing this. Our obc pays most of our tips on our cruises.

Archived