Any Loyal Royals ever moved to/from Europe via cruise ship?

Paul65

I'm just curious. There's a chance I could get relocated to Europe for work, and I was just thinking, wouldn't it be cool to use a transatlantic cruise to make my way from here to there. :D Even if the move does happen, I doubt we'd really end up doing that, but I was curious to hear (read) the stories, if anyone here has done it.

I personally have never done it, but my Father did almost 50 years ago! He and his family left their home country in E. Europe and and came to the U.S via Cunard. Can't remember the name of the ship but I know it's no longer.... This was back in the day where there was a definite "class" system. They were the 3rd class at the bottom of the ship. Still, I think that crossing the Atlantic to come to the U.S or even to Eurpoe is a great way to go.

I'm just curious. There's a chance I could get relocated to Europe for work, and I was just thinking, wouldn't it be cool to use a transatlantic cruise to make my way from here to there. :D Even if the move does happen, I doubt we'd really end up doing that, but I was curious to here the stories, if anyone here has done it.

I moved to europe- but I didn't use a cruise ship lol.

but I am thinking, if you send your stuff by sea as you normally would with such a move, and your business would send you each one way business class- that might be as much or more than a 5-6 day transatlantic. If the cruise base price is cheaper than the one way tic- ask your HR if they will either book you or give you credit to make your own way accross.

At least it will give you some time for your goods to catch up- took me a month to get mine lol.

I've seen some folks post they have used Cunard to do so because they needed to move their pets with them...interesting way to make it all happen. I'd think it would allow you to get more luggage with you for less than if you flew...

Apparently, Cunard no longer transport pets.

"Legal & Privacy: Passage Contract: Cunard Cruise Line - Cunard

No pets or other animals are allowed on the ship at any time except for certain necessary service animals of a disabled Guest, which require written ...

www.cunard.co.uk"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We sold up in the US and moved back to the UK a few years ago, on the Brilliance OTS. The steward was gobsmacked when the suitcases kept arriving - 11 in all:D:D:D Kudos to Macy's sales;)

Actually, we had booked the ta, but had to vacate the apartment earlier than we thought. So, as we were technically homeless, we booked on the cruise before the ta - went halfway up the PC and then back to Ft.L. Big drug bust on board which delayed things and led to huge queues at customs in Southampton. We avoided the queue because, unknown to us, porters have priority and of course, with so much luggage, we had two porters!!!

Memorable trip - now in Southern Spain. Boarded Indie on the 10th December to the Canaries, back to Soham and then on to the Med. We then disembarked in Gibraltar and now in our lovely apartment on the Costa del Crime - so another passage, rather than cruise.

Archived