italian resteraunt on azura.

asda

i was on azura last year and in the evening they had a nice italian resteraunt that was in the buffet area,( the verona but it was called something else in the evening begining with the letter T.) it was excellent the waiters had time to have a chat and the menu was wonderful with only a supplement for certain dishes.

i am wondering do they have one like this on the ventura?

i was on azura last year and in the evening they had a nice italian resteraunt that was in the buffet area,( the verona but it was called something else in the evening begining with the letter T.) it was excellent the waiters had time to have a chat and the menu was wonderful with only a supplement for certain dishes.

Hi Asda, Ventura does have an area which is set with tablecloths and waiter service in the evening. I can't remember the name. You had to wait for quite a while for tables so we didn't manage to get in there, but will definitely be more organised for it on Azura. :)

Hi Asda

The equivalent on Ventura is the Beach House and it turns into an American Diner of an evening.

Debbie:)

Have to say we enjoyed the Italian on Azura and the Diner on Ventura equally. Interesting to note that as the cruise progresses they get increasingly busier as people discover them. You cant book so worth getting in there early. Good service, reliable food with good portions and it is a amazing how the buffet is transformed into a nice table srrvice restaurant.

Have to say we enjoyed the Italian on Azura and the Diner on Ventura equally. Interesting to note that as the cruise progresses they get increasingly busier as people discover them. You cant book so worth getting in there early. Good service, reliable food with good portions and it is a amazing how the buffet is transformed into a nice table srrvice restaurant.

Did you happen to notice if the Italian on Azura, has an appetising vegetarian choice?

Yes I had vegetable lasagne and very good it was too. We also enjoyed the Indian evening up there. I refuse to pay extra money for the specialty restaurants when the food is good elsewhere. Our dinner companions went to Sindhu and it took 3.5 hours to complete the meal. They also didn't enjoy The Glass House.

I was told the Italian was very good but we were not prepared to start queueing at 6pm like bargain hunters in the sales. Most uncivilised, don't know why they don't take reservations.

The idea of the speciality restaurants IS that dinner is treated as more of an occasion & taking time over it with good company is part of the pleasure. The food in the Glasshouse was truly wonderful, it does have a sort of "Gastro-pub'' feel that some may not like. I suppose some do prefer mass produced food eaten as quickly as possible, for the first part of our cruise the MDR food was truly dreadful but improved later on.

I was told the Italian was very good but we were not prepared to start queueing at 6pm like bargain hunters in the sales. Most uncivilised, don't know why they don't take reservations.

The idea of the speciality restaurants IS that dinner is treated as more of an occasion & taking time over it with good company is part of the pleasure. The food in the Glasshouse was truly wonderful, it does have a sort of "Gastro-pub'' feel that some may not like. I suppose some do prefer mass produced food eaten as quickly as possible, for the first part of our cruise the MDR food was truly dreadful but improved later on.

Our dining companions didn't think much of the food in the Glass House, but others liked it. I certainly never had to queue for the Trattoria or the Indian buffet, but then we don't eat at 6 Went about 8.30.

The Indian buffet was in the self serve side, we used the buffet several times & found it very good.

The Italian was the other bit, the only way we could eat there was, A) queue at 6pm to eat then, or B) turn up later & get a pager that would ring at some time, we were told about an hour & a half, we didn't bother with that either.

Can't see what there was not to like about the Glasshouse- still.

The Indian buffet was in the self serve side, we used the buffet several times & found it very good.

The Italian was the other bit, the only way we could eat there was, A) queue at 6pm to eat then, or B) turn up later & get a pager that would ring at some time, we were told about an hour & a half, we didn't bother with that either.

Can't see what there was not to like about the Glasshouse- still.

We really enjoyed the glass house. Great food, freshly cooked to order and a nice setting. Again this got much busier as the cruise progressed and more people discovered it.

We really enjoyed the glass house. Great food, freshly cooked to order and a nice setting. Again this got much busier as the cruise progressed and more people discovered it.

Agree,. the Glasshouse was our venue of choice for a drink during the day/early evening, Planet bar before dinner

hi, must put a mistake right It wasn't the Glass House that our friends didn't like, it was 17! They did not enjoy their meal there. however, I note that most people do like it. We didn't go, so I can't add anything.

Thanks jeanlyon :)

The area in the buffet with waiter service, is that exempt from the formal dress code too, like the buffet?

Hi u2cruiser

The waiter service area of the buffet is exempt from the formal dress code as well.

Thanks Debbie. :) I thought so but I've managed to confuse myself about it this week :rolleyes:

I guess that gets busy on formal nights with people who want a bit more than the buffet but don't want to use the speciality restaurants?

Thanks Debbie. :) I thought so but I've managed to confuse myself about it this week :rolleyes:

I guess that gets busy on formal nights with people who want a bit more than the buffet but don't want to use the speciality restaurants?

Speciality restaurants are in the code too, or did I see somewhere that they are not? I was definitely told Buffet is OK in casual, but NOWHERE else. See this is the problem, they make rules but then confuse people by not sticking to it.

Really? Gosh I must have dreamt my 12 night 'not doing formal this time' cruise on Azura then:rolleyes:.

Exactly! that is what I was told BUT in reality they don't enforce the rules, this is why people get confused, some quote the written rules some say what they actually did, this results in confusion.

Archived