Weather Problems

BcIcemen

I (really a friend of mine who doesnt post) am supposed to fly from NY to Miami for a cruise on Thursday morning. The cruise leaves Miami at 4:00PM on Thursday. Due to weather conditions if I miss the ship in Miami can I board in Key West, the first port. At this point I still my be able to drive.

No, I think you can only board at a foreign port. Why would your friend wait to fly in the day of a cruise?? Thats so chancy.

Im in Dallas and we just had a 2nd power outage, so if its as bad up where you are, I would fly in as early as he had to. My friend in NJ had to fly in 2 days early to miss the last storm.

I (really a friend of mine who doesnt post) am supposed to fly from NY to Miami for a cruise on Thursday morning. The cruise leaves Miami at 4:00PM on Thursday. Due to weather conditions if I miss the ship in Miami can I board in Key West, the first port. At this point I still my be able to drive.

Yikes... with the huge snow/ice/blizzard impacting so many travelers this week, can you see about flying out today/tonight? Most of the airlines have been giving waivers. I think it might be awhile before air travel recoups from this storm. And I don't think you can pick up the cruise in KW without major penalties. We always fly the day before, and especially recomended for anyone living with crazy winters. Good luck to you all, I hope you make it & have a great cruise!!

No, I think you can only board at a foreign port. Why would your friend wait to fly in the day of a cruise?? Thats so chancy.

Im in Dallas and we just had a 2nd power outage, so if its as bad up where you are, I would fly in as early as he had to. My friend in NJ had to fly in 2 days early to miss the last storm.

Some people dont want to fly in early(I always do)

Where are you (they) flying out of?

We are flying in early on Sunday instead of MOnday. They showed yesterday 4500 flights were cancelled yesterday. They are still closed in a lot of states. They have to catch up Monday Tuesday and Wed. It showed a mess this am. They are also showing another storm after yesterday's snow and ice on the east coast. Now it is still hailing and snowing. It is supposed to turn to rain maybe. Hopefully, we get out okay.

Archived