Sky Suite 2121 on Solstice - Anybody that has stayed in this suite?

Whinney374

Hi,

We are scheduled to sail on April 10th on the Solstice. We are booked in Sky Suite 2121. Anyone who has previously stayed in this suite, any information you could provide would be much appreciated. Space, layout, balcony size, noise from the restaurants/bars, location etc....I'm also a first time cruiser, so not sure what else to ask.

Thanks for your help!

Robb

Welcome to Cruise Critic,

The following review of that room I am quoting from a Cruise Critic user named Smokefan; it is from the Sticky Thread where people review rooms on Solstice Class ships:

"Deck - 12 Resort

Cabin # - 2121

Class – Sky Suite (S2)

Starboard or Port Side - Port Side

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) –

Very quiet - no noise from adjacent cabin - Very seldom did we hear any noise from Oceanview Cafe above.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great view forward, aft and side. Clear glass. Balcony is large with 2 chairs (that recline), 2 ottomans and large table for dining. Sliders leading out and an additional floor to ceiling window.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - See above

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? No

Any other comments? Cabin was huge, with alot of storage space. Dbl closet for hanging clothes, Single for hanging and single w/shelves. Bathroom is fabulous, with a lot of storage space. Excellent location, short walk to elevators, stairs, pool and spa. One flight up is Oceanview Cafe so very convenient for breakfast and lunch."

My sister, daughter and I stayed in this cabin in October. The bed was by the bathroom. There was plenty of room as we actually had two empty drawers the whole time and that's not easy for three women! The bathroom shower was in an actual tub and it was a rainshower which I hated to get out of. The balcony I found a bit cramped for three people, but more than enough room for two. That being said, the three of us ate breakfast on the balcony every morning. My only issue was noise from above once in awhile. It was enough to wake my DD up once or twice, but not enough to spoil our cruise. I think you will love this room and have a great cruise. She is a beautiful ship.

Hi,

We are scheduled to sail on April 10th on the Solstice. We are booked in Sky Suite 2121. Anyone who has previously stayed in this suite, any information you could provide would be much appreciated. Space, layout, balcony size, noise from the restaurants/bars, location etc....I'm also a first time cruiser, so not sure what else to ask.

Thanks for your help!

Robb

The space and layout of the cabin is excellent and as has already mentioned, LOTS of storage. I'm 6ft and I just got under the rain head shower. Much taller and you'd struggle to stand under it properly. There's quite an overhang on the balcony which I didn't mind. It kept the sun off and the rain too, but you can't look up at the sky. The butler is a nice thing to have, but no deal breaker for me as I'm low maintenance on the whole. When he comes to introduce himself ask him straight out what he can do for you and what he would expect from you in the way of notice. One of the things that is nice is if you give him that notice he'll serve you dinner on the balcony course by course (make sure you specify that or he'll bring it all at once). You may or may not like that. If you leave your shoes out in the shoe bag he'll polish them for you. Organise tickets for ship excursions. That sort of thing.

I was in 2129 on Eclipse and as I've reported before was plagued with noise from above. I had friends in 2121 and they did hear some noise, but it wasn't too bad. I took some pictures that you can see on pages 7 and 8 of the picture link in my signature. Solstice may have a slightly different colour scheme to Eclipse, but essentially they are the same.

Phil

I was in 2129 on Eclipse and as I've reported before was plagued with noise from above. I had friends in 2121 and they did hear some noise, but it wasn't too bad. I took some pictures that you can see on pages 7 and 8 of the picture link in my signature. Solstice may have a slightly different colour scheme to Eclipse, but essentially they are the same.

Phil

We sailed on the same cruise as Phil in suite 2135 and also had terrible problems with noise from above. It's an unfortunate problem with a lot of suites in that section.

Hi Robb - DH and I stayed in 2121 for 14 days and absolutely loved it. Cabin is in an excellent location on the same deck as pool and exercise area. If I remember it was about 6 cabins back from the elevators which was perfect. We heard no noise from above. Cabin is really large and so spacious. Balcony was large as well. Bathroom is to die for, I agree with other poster about not wanting to get out of the shower. It's awesome! Plenty of storage, actually more than enough. I'll attempt to post photos. Hope this helps -

Patty

Archived