Sofitel Hotel in Miami pre cruise

Bucket29

we stayed at the sofitel in in 2009, it was very clean, excellent service, it was out at the airport and a bit out of the way away from the port/downtown but it was great for the pre cruise evening, Shuttled to port was included, just remember to pre book the shuttle. a great cuban restaurant in a little strip mall within walking distance Ask the staff at sofiel they will know the spot.

Thanks. After reasearching, I have been vascillating between keeping the Sofitel and staying at the Hmapton Inn between Ft. Lauderdale and Miami. I have read the shuttle only leaves the Sofitel for the port at certain times. Were you able to specifically request a time and were they reliable? I would like to get to the cruise port early. Also- did you take a cab back to the Sofitel? Do you remember if it was easy and the cost?

We had no problems with the shuttle, as there were many guests staying at the hotel that were also going on a cruise, the shuttles seemed to be frequent. We did not do the park and fly as we flew in but chose the sofitel as it had the free shuttle to the cruise terminal . Getting back out to the airport(sofitel is very close to airport) after the cruise was via cab, Sorry I can't recall the cost but it's was a standard flat rate.

Sofitel is in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA - cab from POM should be just under $30 including tip. :cool:

Cuban place within walking distance is Casa Jaun - inexpensive, a locals favorite, and was wonderful! :D There is also a Publix grocery store with a good wine selection and a liquor store :rolleyes: in the same shopping center.

Good luck! :)

The Sofitel is among the nicest MIA-area hotels. However, I am not a fan of Casa Juan. I do not find it a pleasant experience. Moreover, while it nominally meets the Miami-Dade health inspection standards to remain in business, I am not surprised that it routinely has several dozen health violations. The latest online report shows over 40 violations (over 20 are "critical" violations).

Archived