Disney Dream - Just off 1/30 Sailing

bsg1003

I may have missed the answer regarding show times...

Were passengers "held" to assigned show times, or, could you have gone to any of the shows?

Also, I saw that the "Pirates" festivities for kids starts at 8 p.m. 2nd dinner would be starting then, right? Does this make sense?? :confused: Maybe I just misunderstand!

Thanks for the explanations!:)

I have read that some poeple were able to get into other showtimes. If it looked to be crowded they were held off from entering till the CM's knew if there would be room. Late dinner is at 8:30

Hello, I'm sailing on the DD ship in November. My son and I are very excited. This is our first cruise.:D We were going to go to Disney World, but than decided a cruise would be safer. It will just be myself (mom) and my autistic son. Do you think the island ports are pretty safe. Just wondering if we could do the walking tours our self s, or is the guided tours safer for us to do. Also things like taking a cab to the beach, verses walking alone? :confused: Any info on safety will be helpful. Also is there refrigerators in the rooms?

Were passengers "held" to assigned show times, or, could you have gone to any of the shows?

Also, I saw that the "Pirates" festivities for kids starts at 8 p.m. 2nd dinner would be starting then, right? Does this make sense?? :confused: Maybe I just misunderstand!

There was a sectioned off "Stand By" area and usually about 5 mins before the show began they would allow those in the stand by line into the Theatre if there was space.

Hello, I'm sailing on the DD ship in November. My son and I are very excited. This is our first cruise.:D We were going to go to Disney World, but than decided a cruise would be safer. It will just be myself (mom) and my autistic son. Do you think the island ports are pretty safe. Just wondering if we could do the walking tours our self s, or is the guided tours safer for us to do. Also things like taking a cab to the beach, verses walking alone? :confused: Any info on safety will be helpful. Also is there refrigerators in the rooms?

Actually Nassua is sometimes a little scary for people. I wouldn't go walking off on your own.

Actually Nassua is sometimes a little scary for people. I wouldn't go walking off on your own.

Thanks, I was wondering about that. How about Castaway Cay, is that pretty safe? I'm trying to figure out what we want to do.

I saw that it was mentioned you can buy alcohol on board at the duty free shop, but on many ships if you do that they hold it until you disembark - is that the case on Disney, or can you purchase it and bring it back to your room? It's great that you can bring your own alcohol on board but it is going to be a hassel packing it, checking it, and then having to take it out and into a carry on so I'd prefer to buy on board. Anyone know?

Thanks for your help! :)

I saw that it was mentioned you can buy alcohol on board at the duty free shop, but on many ships if you do that they hold it until you disembark - is that the case on Disney, or can you purchase it and bring it back to your room? It's great that you can bring your own alcohol on board but it is going to be a hassel packing it, checking it, and then having to take it out and into a carry on so I'd prefer to buy on board. Anyone know?

I beleive I read in Passporters book that they will hold it and you get it when you leave.

I just came back from the 3 nights Feb 3 sailing. The new Pirates Show did not make sense to me. We had late dinning 8:30 pm. We went to see the kid's pirate show at 8:00 pm and left for dinner at 8:20 pm. My daughter got bored at dinner and decided to go to the kids club so she missed the fireworks. The party with the fireworks was not an adults party. There were kids of all ages having a good time. I thought it was better when there was only one show instead of 2.

We were never asked what show time we had. They let us in without any question. The last show (Believe) is beautiful. Don't miss it. It was amazing.

i just booked the dream. i am staying at WDW for a few days before. I cannot believe that they dont offer transfers at no charge to get to the port for the ship... they wanted to charge $70 pp for a transfer. With a total of 8 of us, it would be over $500.00.... i am really mad about that...

any suggestions for cheaper transfers from WDW to pt canaveral?? is there a formal nite on the 4 niter?? how were lines for the big water slide?? how were the gym facilities or spa?? thanks so much :D

i just booked the dream. i am staying at WDW for a few days before. I cannot believe that they dont offer transfers at no charge to get to the port for the ship... they wanted to charge $70 pp for a transfer. With a total of 8 of us, it would be over $500.00.... i am really mad about that...

any suggestions for cheaper transfers from WDW to pt canaveral?? is there a formal nite on the 4 niter?? how were lines for the big water slide?? how were the gym facilities or spa?? thanks so much :D

Rent a car..... no formal night reported yet. Most cruiselines do charge for transfers from the airport, so I don't think Disney is really any different there. We are all just used to free ME to WDW.

We went to Nassau several years ago with RCI and took a cab to the Atlantis hotel and took our granddaughter to the Aquarium. There were several ships in port, but we were able to get in without any problem. This one was quite different, but interesting. I would google the Aqaurium for info about it and contact the hotel about getting tickets before hand, if possible.

Sheila

We booked a town car for the round trip transfer for four people, $210 round trip through Happy Limo - love the idea of the meet and greet and the speedy, uncrowded trip to the Dream! Of course the town car will only accommodate 4 or 5 but there are lots of options that seemed reasonable priced - mention mousesavers.com and you get a small discount!

From prior experience, they hold any booze you buy on board and deliver it the last night to your stateroom. Whether that has changed in the past 1-2 years, I'm not sure.

Disney's policies allow you to bring your own but they want it brought in your carryon bag of a certain size. There is a recent (last 30 days) thread on this subject on this board.

We booked a town car for the round trip transfer for four people, $210 round trip through Happy Limo - love the idea of the meet and greet and the speedy, uncrowded trip to the Dream! Of course the town car will only accommodate 4 or 5 but there are lots of options that seemed reasonable priced - mention mousesavers.com and you get a small discount!

thanks for the advice leopoldz... i'm going to check them out... i just figured between the $$ we are paying for 8 people for 5 day stay WDW and 4 nights on the Dream we could get a "free" transfer... lol:eek:

We are thinking of taking our 5 year old daughter. We read a piece on the ship this morning in the paper. My question is are there horrendous lines and wait times for the 'cool' things like the water slides? Food quality?

We didn't notice one line the entire cruise. The aqua duck had about 10-15 min wait on the sea day in the late afternoon as everyone probably 1 last hit.

decent duty-free prices on alcohol aboard the Disney Dream HELD until last night of cruise.

thanks for the advice leopoldz... i'm going to check them out... i just figured between the $$ we are paying for 8 people for 5 day stay WDW and 4 nights on the Dream we could get a "free" transfer... lol:eek:

We did the WDW 1st last year and used a private van transfer to the port. This latest time, we rented a car and parked it at the pier. The $15/day parking and rental was still cheaper (a lot) than the Disney transfers.

Archived