Spa Pass on Jewel 9 night

marcruiser

Can anyone tell me: a) How much is the Spa Pass on the Jewel for the new 9 night itinerary? b) What is included in the Pass? c) Is there a place to just relax and lounge and read a book? d) Is this an adults only area?

We loved the Sanctuary on Princess; does NCL have anything like it on any ship?

Thank you.

I'm not sure how many 9 day cruises have happened so far- you may want to go to one of the Roll Calls and post there- asking for someone to check for you and post when they return.

On the 7 day (although ours was shortened to a 6 day!), there were both a one person rate ($99) and a couples rate ($150). DD & I did the couples rate! There are two rooms- a same sex room with showers, hot tub, sauna, steam room, and some chairs- great for reading- with great views at the front of the ship. The other room is coed- with a therapy pool (just a larger hot tub with tube things to sit on- don't get too excited about it!) plus two chairs & a few heated tile loungers (again, with a great view). The tile loungers were very popular, but once I tried them, I realized that I was too short to comfortably lay on them (5'1").

Both rooms were quiet (although that therapy pool is noisy), and both are adults only. We enjoyed reading in both areas.

We were on the 10 day cruise and the cost was $119. per person. They indicated that they were only selling 50 passes so we bought ours in the cruise terminal prior to embarkment. Both my husband and I felt that they sold many more than that. Most times we were unable to get the heated tile chairs, there are only 8 available. They say that you should limit your time to 30 minutes. The gender only areas were a little to "freestyle" for us and very crowded. Many cruisers using the steam room, sauna, hot tubs, and cold plunge pool in the nude. I'm a little more conservative and wore a bathing suit at all times. Have used the spa relaxation on the Dawn and had a much better and enjoyable experience.

I also think that more people end up with spa access than they admit. However, they may have meant 50 couples passes (100 total passes), as this is what we were told would be sold on our recent cruise. How crowded it gets can vary greatly depending on the time of day and other activities.

It will generally be quiet while in port and the last couple of hours in the evening. First thing in the morning too, while others are at breakfast or sleeping in. (I'm not a morning person myself.)

Middle of the day on sea days, late after noon, and early dinner hours are busy.

The other thing is that on our recent Star cruise, they were letting people use the Spa one hour prior to a treatment, which is something that had not been allowed on other recent cruises. (Although doing this is not new either.)

Also, be aware that sometimes the price can vary from what's reported here. On one of our Dawn and Pearl cruises, they were charging significantly more than other recent cruisers had reported for the same itineraries. On other cruises it's been the same, or very similar. Not sure why it can vary sometimes.

Archived