low impact shore excursion DM would enjoy

sunandfun4me

Hi, all. We'll be calling on Dominica in April and I was hoping someone might have a suggestion for a low impact excursion. DM is a doll, but not the kind of gal that's into 5 mile rainforest hikes or tubing excursions. Hoping someone can share some ideas or recommendations for a 'low impact' taste of Dominica. Thanks ahead of time for your help! :)

I would like to know also about things on any tour that could be seen by someone with some mobility problems. I do not always use a wheelchair and can walk short distances but am not able to climb or hike to see some sights as much as i would like to. Are there things of interest to see that someone could recommend by spending a good part of a tour just driving with short stops for lunch, some shopping and to see some sights? I would appreciate any suggestions and which tour operator to use in dominica who would be the most accomodating. Thanks

• 5 months later...

I don't know if this is too late of a response but I would recommend booking a tour with Levi at Bumpiing tours (bumpiingtours.com). He has many tours to chose from including this one which I think would be perfect for someone with mobility issues:

SCENIC DOMINICA

Morne Bruce, Botanical Gardens, Wotten Waven Sulphur Springs and Fresh Water Lake.

This tour is for those who can't or do not want to do any walking. You can take a scenic drive to part of the Islands Rain Forest, enjoying what the Island has to offer.

The duration of this tour is about 3.5 hours. It's great tour for those who wants to see part of the island but wants to do little or no walking.

In addition, he will also customize any tour you like to make it fit your needs. I used him in January for the Roseau Valley Best hike to Middleham Falls, Titou Gorge and Trafalgar Falls. It was very difficult for me but Levi helped me every step of the way. It was one of the best tours I have taken!

unipanther08, your response is not too late at all! dm and i are heading back to dominica on emerald princess next month. last visit we played it by ear, took a tour with one of the taxi drivers to morne bruce, trafalgar falls, wotten waven and the botanical gardens. had a wonderful day and great driver. this time, though, we were thinking about booking a tour. i love the fact that levi will customize a tour! sounds perfect for us! thanks again!:)

• 2 weeks later...

When we were in Dominica, we took a Princess ship's tour called the Layou Valley Tour. We stopped at a small hotel for refreshments and entertainment by traditional Dominican dancers and then the van driver took us through the beautiful Rain Forest. There was very little walking.

When we were in Dominica, we took a Princess ship's tour called the Layou Valley Tour. We stopped at a small hotel for refreshments and entertainment by traditional Dominican dancers and then the van driver took us through the beautiful Rain Forest. There was very little walking.

While we've never done this, we have had others on the ship tell us it was an easy and very enjoyable tour. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, all! I e-mailed Levi and asked him about a private tour for DM and I. Levi e-mailed me back and was so amazingly honest - told me he could totally do a tour for two but it would cost the equivalent of six people. Levi did recommend two tours that he does that would cost much less. Unfortunately, they both go to areas that we have seen before. I plan on going with Levi next time we head to the Caribbean (we'll have about 6 - 8 in our party next trip...perfect for a private tour.) Thanks for the heads up about the Princess tour...I will look into that.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. Has anyone ever been to the Indian reservation? And how are the roads getting there? (straightish or twisty) And....about how long does this take? I'd really appreciate knowing if anyone has done this and with whom.

Thanks in advance.

Phyllis

Archived