Lesson learned--always reconfirm bookings

crenee44

Our upcoming trip is the first time I’ve dealt with private tours and transports. I emailed a couple of them with questions and it turns out one of them had a time a little off. So I decided to reconfirm with the others just to be safe. Another also had a time wrong…really wrong…and could have been a minor disaster. I’m just glad I got it straightened out before we left.

So I just wanted to throw this out there for others who are new to this type of travel so they can double check before they leave as well.

Happy cruising everyone!

Reconfirm everything.

Last cruise my TA screwed up our flights. She gave us confirmation #s but when we arrived at the AP the airline said our tickets had been cancelled by the TA! :eek: We didn't get out for 6 hours & booking that day via wifi cost us 3x the price. As we were flying over the port of Miami, the Saturday cruises were pulling out. Had we been sailing on one, I think I would have parachuted out of the plane. What a nightmare.

How did TA explain to you what happened? :eek: What possible reason could she provide?

She said it was my fault because I didn't call her back. I spoke to her 6 different times between the date the airline told me they dropped us because of her & the day we sailed. There were also at least a dozen e-mails. Even though she booked the cruise she never once confirmed that we had made alternative arrangements to Miami.

She & I move in a number of the same business circles. I'm more than happy to tell anyone who cares to ask what she did.

I still haven't made up my mind if I want to sue her in small claims for the $900 flight cost difference. The airline counter employee offered to be a witness. It sounds like too much hassle; more than $900 worth anyway. I'm sure I've cost her more than that in lost business. If she had just said sorry & offered to pay even part of the increased fare I would have been appeased b/c "ship happens."

Archived