To Krazy Kruisers

nanheath

I noted that you stayed at the Aubrege Les Passants in Montreal. WE are also planning on a stay there but noticed from other posts that it is quite an uphill walk to the subway and downtown. What are your thoughts on this location vs staying downtown? We are in our 60's are in good health.

I happened to notice this on the board and wonder if you are talking about Auberge Les Passants du Sans Soucy, which is a B&B in Montreal. We stayed there after our cruise to Montreal last spring for 3 days after our cruise. We stayed in one of the rooms in front of the hotel and enjoyed watching the horse carriages from our window. The breakfasts were fantastic and the room was very romantic with it's faux fireplace, which did provide warmth. The authentic stone walls and timbered ceilings were another interesting feature of the room. Th personnel were very helpful in making recommendatons for where to go for our evenings meals and all their recommendations turned out to serve excellent food.

We didn't make the walk from the ship to the hotel but took a cab. The subway is a pretty good walk from the hotel. You have to up from the port area to the Notre Dame cathredal area and then to the convention center where the nearest stop was. It wasn't actually a long walk except for the one day we did it in a cold rain.

I think KK were also on the Maadam cruise with us but I don't think they stayed at the same B&B we did. If they did we didn't see them.

Here is the link to the place we stayed.

http://www.lesanssoucy.com/

It has a picture of our room, 102.

If you have any questions about this B&B let me know and I will try to answer them.

Have a great next cruise.

Thanks for the reply. I think I got KK mixed up with you. I have copied your posts about the the cruise; I appreciated all the information! I am a bit concerned about Les Passants due to the time of year with possible rain and cold and the walk to the subway. I was really impressed with their web site, especially their great breakfasts as my DH loves a special breakfast! I walk a lot but he doesn't. I am now considering Square Phillips Hotel in the downtown area that is closer to a subway. About how long would you say the walk to the subway is from Les Passants? We are planning on staying 3 nights before the cruise as we depart from Montreal.

Archived