Dining room question for family of 20

nessa26

There are about 20 of us going on the cruise for our wedding (7 weeks away!!!!!) & how & who would I contact in order to have us all together for dinner and be able to sit at the same table? Or tables next to each other if they dont have tables that seat 20.... We didn't do the group booking because the person we talked to over the phone about it said we had to have a minimum of 8 rooms booked within 2 weeks.....and that was sooo not happening!! People have different pay days, diff bills to pay, not everyone was going to be able to put deposit down. Stupid rules!!! Anyways, so does this mean we will all be split up at dinner??

There are about 20 of us going on the cruise for our wedding (7 weeks away!!!!!) & how & who would I contact in order to have us all together for dinner and be able to sit at the same table? Or tables next to each other if they dont have tables that seat 20.... We didn't do the group booking because the person we talked to over the phone about it said we had to have a minimum of 8 rooms booked within 2 weeks.....and that was sooo not happening!! People have different pay days, diff bills to pay, not everyone was going to be able to put deposit down. Stupid rules!!! Anyways, so does this mean we will all be split up at dinner??

Carnival gave our group one month to put the deposit down. Then they give you the option of extending it for an additional month. So my group had a total of 2 months to put their deposit down. All of my family members have early dining.

My guess is yes as I'm thinking that seating 20 is quite a tall order. Doesn't hurt to ask though.

Respectfully, your comment about needing to book 8 cabins within two weeks is a fair rule. My way of thinking is you only need to put down a deposit at time of booking and suggest it's was easily doable (obviously unless some didn't want to do it).

Good luck.

Your TA or PVP who handled all the bookings.. If each person used someone different you will need ALL the booking numbers for each cabin. You can then contact who you booked with to have them all linked together. When the cabins are all linked they will seat you together. That being said, I would still go to the main dining room and check and make sure it was done on the day you board. You can also check by checking each cruisers Sign & Sail card. Your dining time and dining room will be on your card as well as table number. The problem is not knowing how close those table numbers are to each other, thus checking with the Matre Di.

Just an FYI~ I would NOT try anytime dining with a group this size. It could most likely mean long waits. I'd go with a set dining be it early or late seating.

have fun!:p

The largest tables I ever remember is 10-12. There are only a few of these as you can imagine setting these large ones would really loses flexibility. They almost are only a couple in each dining room and almost never next to each other for the obvious reason usually two large parties aren't with each other.

The easy / obvious solution would be to get group booking thru a TA and work thru them and the cruiseline to get traditional dinning with tables close to each other.

This is no different in land based resturants you don't find often table of 20, generally for a wedding you book the whole place :D

This is why it is a good reason to book thru a TA with a large group.

We had a party of 35 and our TA linked everyone together.....we had a couple tables for 10 and a couple tables for 8 all in the same area......it was great we just switched seats whenever we wanted........

Good luck!

Archived