UK to lose Independence OTS??

BMT

I thought the new terminal in Southampton was built by/for P&O. I might be mistaken.

BTW - love your signature. Does that mean we now have to take Duct Tape AND WD40 on every cruise? LOL;)

I have a feeling that a Celebrity ship was the first to use it - I think that we came in on a ta after that one. But I may be mistaker on this.

Thank you for all the admiration of my siggie - I stole it from someone else on a horsey forum!!! Horsey people find them mighty useful too!! Gee gees look pretty strange held together with duct tape though:D:D:D ROTFL

I have a feeling that a Celebrity ship was the first to use it - I think that we came in on a ta after that one. But I may be mistaker on this.

Thank you for all the admiration of my siggie - I stole it from someone else on a horsey forum!!! Horsey people find them mighty useful too!! Gee gees look pretty strange held together with duct tape though:D:D:D ROTFL

I wonder what the horses would think of that? LOL

So... I googled the new port at Southampton. Seems like it was built for Carnival on the back of a 20 year contract (including Cunard and P&O) - and I think they have first option on using it - but that doesn't mean it is exclusively theirs. So it is quite possible that Celebrity have used it.

Just read a report that the new Greenwich terminal will be able to service ships up to 240m in length.

Considering that Monarch is 268m long, i'm beginning to wonder why they're bothering with a cruise terminal at all. :(

Hmmmm.... doesn't make sense does it. I know one of the HAL ships goes from Tower Bridge now and then - think it might be one of their smaller ships like Prinsendam? I wonder how many ships will be able to dock at Greenwich? Maybe some Fred Olsen, Marco Polo or Thomsons - or most of the luxury lines are smaller ships so I guess that would attract them?

I love it! You all keep complaining about Indy and we will GLADLY take her back! :D:p

Its not the ship per se. She is beautiful.

Just probably not the right ship for winter cruising and the Management not taking into account that they are not in the Caribbean!!!:D:D

Hmmmm.... doesn't make sense does it. I know one of the HAL ships goes from Tower Bridge now and then - think it might be one of their smaller ships like Prinsendam? I wonder how many ships will be able to dock at Greenwich? Maybe some Fred Olsen, Marco Polo or Thomsons - or most of the luxury lines are smaller ships so I guess that would attract them?

I knew I was missing something...........got it.........the ships have to be small enough to pass through the Thames Barrier!!! Definitely Prinsendam (I follow Captain Albert!!) and Seabourn I believe. I suppose Thomson etc.?

I knew I was missing something...........got it.........the ships have to be small enough to pass through the Thames Barrier!!! Definitely Prinsendam (I follow Captain Albert!!) and Seabourn I believe. I suppose Thomson etc.?

Of course! 10 out of 10 for you! Makes total sense.

The Bigger ships will be able to use Liverpool once they get the go ahead for New Turnaround Facilities! ... :) only the smaller ones will be able to use the thames if the pier gets the go ahead due to the barrier.

Moving the Indy would make sense over the Winter period especially if the replacement ship has a pool that is covered! after all who wants to be in the pool during the winter in Europe? apart from the foolhardy.... :eek:

The Bigger ships will be able to use Liverpool once they get the go ahead for New Turnaround Facilities! ... :) only the smaller ones will be able to use the thames if the pier gets the go ahead due to the barrier.

Moving the Indy would make sense over the Winter period especially if the replacement ship has a pool that is covered! after all who wants to be in the pool during the winter in Europe? apart from the foolhardy.... :eek:

Well, I queries the suitability of the Indie when it was first announced. Received a long-winded reply - long and short - more money - of course!! But perhaps they have had a change of mind. Could be no ship in the winter of course!!

Liverpool? Nice journey for those flying in to Heathrow and Gatwick - NOT. Not so good from London and the south either. But great for those from 'oop north!!:D:D

Archived