Local Cozumel man charged in murder of Allure musician

Crewzer33

The suspect is entitled to a fair trial in the United States, yes, in the rest of the world not so much. It's sometimes easy to forget that the Constitution ends at our borders.

If this guy is what's standing between Mexico seeing a happy RCCI or an unhappy RCCI then you can bet he's not going to enjoy the rest of his life, regardless of whether or not he confessed or actually did it.

One of the most ignorant statements I've heard in awhile!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

No, not really. Even in our own system, the majority of criminal cases do not result in conviction, not because they didn't do it, but because most cases plea with adjudication withheld, or to some sort of pre-trial intervention, or even just no prosectuion sometimes. That does not mean the case wasn't solved. A case is solved when enough probable cause exists to arrest and accuse a subject, as there appears to be in this case. In most cases, a confession is plenty probable cause, not to mention the evidence that led them to that subject.
Thank you...;)

So now it was a crew member murdered & not a passenger? Wasn't there just a thread on here yesterday that had a link to an artical that said the woman found in the ocean was NOT the musician...and the musician turned up in a hospital after committing suicide by swallowing a broach?? Sorry...I'm confused...this is worse than a soap opera!
No soap opera, it was always a crew member from day one.

Actually, there are a few articles floating around that had those that died reversed. But there is no soap opera either, just a series of VERY unfortunate events.

No soap opera, it was always a crew member from day one.

Actually, there are a few articles floating around that had those that died reversed. But there is no soap opera either, just a series of VERY unfortunate events.

Here is the article that said the identies had been reversed (obviously not correct):

http://www.laht.com/article.asp?ArticleId=386374&CategoryId=14091

Here is the article that said the identies had been reversed (obviously not correct):

http://www.laht.com/article.asp?ArticleId=386374&CategoryId=14091

Now I'm really confused:confused: So there was ANOTHER woman who died from Allure from the same cruise? The ship must have known that she didn't come back onboard either.

Am I the only one bothered by the following:

"We thank the Mexican authorities for their commitment to quickly solving the murder of our crew member, Monika Markiewicz," said RCI's president and CEO, Adam Goldstein, in the statement.

While this guy may very well have been the murderer, it's as if the CEO of RCI has him already convicted. Not a very American thing to do for an American company. He is still entitled to a trial.

That is true, but in this article it said the killer confessed. I know he hasn't been on trial but as opposed to where they were immediately after the discovery of the body it must be a "relief" to have some answers. Also, with him being Mexican and a confessed killer, I'm not sure and don't care IF he's entitled to a trial there. Justice will find him in a Mexican jail surely.

My husband and I were on this cruise and were out on the balcony wondering why we hadn't taken off on time.We saw around 6 or7 officer type looking men standing on the pier where you embark the ship.They were there for quite awhile.We believe the capt made an announcement about waiting for someone but didnt't really hear it as the announcements weren't coming through in our stateroom,(we went in to start getting ready for dinner) Very sad and tragic,thank heaven her family have her, unlike Natalie Hollaways family.

Archived