RCI - What do you wear on formal nights?

SailorMom37

RCI Formal Nights - What Do You Wear?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. RCI Formal Nights - What Do You Wear?

• Sunday Best Dress
    • Cocktail Dress
    • Full Length Formal Gown
    • Dinner Jacket
    • Dark Suit
    • Tuxedo

I don't wear "ballgowns", but I do wear evening gowns....most of mine are easy to pack and don't wrinkle as they are either "slinky" or sparkely....those materials just don't set wrinkles!

On occassion, I've worn a cocktail dress or evening skirt and top...

Hubby always wears either tux or dark suit.

I don't consider "Sunday best" to be formal wear! It may be nice, but it's not for a formal evening!

I enjoy wearing formal full length gowns. I don't wear "ballgowns", but like the above poster, mine are sparkly, easy to pack, and wrinkle free.

For me part of the dining experience is dressing extra nice. When my husband goes with me (which isn't very often) he always wears a suit, tie and jacket.

I wear cockail length dresses. Easier to pack (even moreso than a long jersey dress), look better on me than long dresses and I've got about 10 of them to choose from in my closet.

I'm even considering packing only one on our next cruise and wearing it both nights with different accessories (the horror :eek:). The alternative would be one of my cocktail dresses is rather basic, so I may wear it on the first formal night, then again on a casual night. Then, taking another dress for the second formal night.

I just don't find formal nights to be all that formal any longer. I see some women in long dresses that are not formal at all, just long fancy sun dresses. Some men merely wear shirts with long sleeves and a tie, sometimes not even a tie...they look like they're headed to the water cooler, not a dressy event.

My husband wears a nice sportscoat with black slacks, he wear the slacks at least 3 times...both formal nights and one other night with a more casual shirt. Formal seems to be reduced to dressy casual any longer. I can't say as I blame people with the more restrictive weight regulations and costly luggage fees. For that second suitcase, most of us could plan on another $70 on top of the $50 for each checked bag (considering both ways).

I wear a full length gown on formal nights and my husband wears a very tailored dark suit. I love dressing up almost as much as I enjoy seeing him in a nice fitting suit. He is 6'2' and not thin but far from heavy so he just looks SO handsome!! On all other nights I wear a dress (something I would wear to church or a wedding) and he wears chinos and a button down shirt (sometimes with a tie) .

Archived