Elite Lounge Tipping

Richard&JohnSTX

sorry, but that doesn't make sense to me. That is precisely why I questioned it as I don't understand the need for the question. What is the norm ? As I said, there have been all sorts of answers ranging from nothing to $5, and that is from a handful of cruisers among the thousands who cruise and who may not even read these boards. So what is the norm to be followed that would make someone feel more comfortable ? Should the OP tip nothing or $1 or $5 upfront or at the end ? What ?

I think it makes perfect sense..........the OP stated this is their first time as Elite and just wanted to know what others do as far as tipping. It's a perfectly sensible question and now they know that everyone does what they want to do. The first time we became Diamond on RCCL, I believe I asked the same question about tipping. Now the OP knows there basically isn't a norm and they can tip each night, not at all or tip on the last night.

So knowing that there's no set way to tip they probably will feel more comfortable going into the Elite lounge.

The OP's question was fair and a valid question. It is common for people to want to know what is expected, even if there is no hard and fast rule. From reading these posts one can glean that on average people either tip $5 for the the first drink of the day or $1 per drink served (with some variety). The OP and others unfamiliar with the Elite Lounge cocktail hour can take this information as a guideline and then adjust if necessary based on their personal feelings about tipping as well as the level of service they receive. I thought it was a good question and that people provided helpful responses that will be useful to more than just the OP.

Totally agree with your response.

I think it makes perfect sense..........the OP stated this is their first time as Elite and just wanted to know what others do as far as tipping. It's a perfectly sensible question and now they know that everyone does what they want to do. The first time we became Diamond on RCCL, I believe I asked the same question about tipping. Now the OP knows there basically isn't a norm and they can tip each night, not at all or tip on the last night.

So knowing that there's no set way to tip they probably will feel more comfortable going into the Elite lounge.

That makes perfect sense. Now they know that there isn't a norm and everyone does what they want to do they will feel more comfortable. Of course there isn't a norm. A handful of replies out of the thousands who cruise and are elite is never going to give you a norm anyway. Exactly my point, everyone does what they want, that's the way it should be. Don't rely on what others may or may not do to decide how much you should tip. Hence no need for the question IMHO.

Archived