Flight Home at 12:35pm

tammi0916

We are going on the Valor in July and flying into Ft. Lauderdale. Is it possible to get off the ship in Port of Miami and take the Carnival transportation to the Ft. Lauderdale airport and catch a 12:25pm flight? We will have priority debarkation as we are in a suite.

would love to hear thoughts from others?

Thanks so much!!:D

I would be worried about the Carnival transportation piece of that, more than anything else. They are known to wait until the bus fills up before leaving, so you may be off the ship early, but waiting for all the others.

Timing wise you should be fine, of course, barring unforeseen circumstances. But you may want to consider using a taxi or prearranging a shuttle rather than using Carnival...

On the Valor, I had a 12:40 PM flight on American from Miami back to LGA after the cruise. We left the ship with the "9:30 AM group" (zone 14), and left an hour earlier because we were ahead of schedule. It really depends on your arrival time back in Miami.

Anyway, we arrived at MIA airport at 9:50 Am, with a couple of hours to do nothing. I think you'll be fine. Don't worry!;)

We are going on the Valor in July and flying into Ft. Lauderdale. Is it possible to get off the ship in Port of Miami and take the Carnival transportation to the Ft. Lauderdale airport and catch a 12:25pm flight? We will have priority debarkation as we are in a suite.

would love to hear thoughts from others?

Thanks so much!!:D

We sailed out of Miami back in November. Our 1:00 flight home was out of FLL. We had reserved seats on SAS Transport Service. (I found out about them through CC. http://www.ridesas.com/) It cost $15 pp. Driver picked us up at 9:30 at the sidewalk right outside the port. We had the last debarkation #. (I called him as soon as we retrieved our luggage.) We made it to the airport in less than half an hour and had too much time to waste there.

The only time we used the Carnival shuttle we had to wait until all the seats were full before we headed to the airport.

The Port of Miami is less than half an hour away from FLL. As long as the ship comes in on time, you'll have no trouble making your flight. No need to panic.

On the Valor, I had a 12:40 PM flight on American from Miami back to LGA after the cruise. We left the ship with the "9:30 AM group" (zone 14), and left an hour earlier because we were ahead of schedule. It really depends on your arrival time back in Miami.

Anyway, we arrived at MIA airport at 9:50 Am, with a couple of hours to do nothing. I think you'll be fine. Don't worry!;)

This makes me feel better. My husband insisted on booking a 12:30 flight back to LGA from MIA, I wanted to do a later flight so we could grab lunch in MIA. I told him I would have his head if we missed this flight- he said that we should be fine since it was a domestic flight. If we do miss it then it is ok because we could just pay a fee and get on a later flight- but still it would be all his fault LOL. I'm a little skeptical because we have to check-in our bags because we are going to need room for the formal wear etc. (we normally just use carryons and then I have a beach bag as my "purse", so this cuts down the time). If everything goes well then it should be smooth- but if there is a snag I don't know. I'm even thinking of avoiding buying liquor in Cozumel because I don't want to wait for Carnival to give me my bottle (I will probably buy it though because Tequila is my fav :D). We'll see what happens in April!!

last week i was on the liberty (out of miami) and had a 11:55 am flight out of ft lauderdale. we happened to get zone 2 disembarkling. we were off the ship, at the airport, luggage checked in, thru security and sitting waiting at 10am. you should have no problem as long as you find your own transportation to the airport. have a great cruise!

We got off the Glory 3 days ago, using self assist. We were off the ship before 8:30 am, on the Carnival arranged bus (it was not full when we left the Miami port) and at the airport by 9:00 am for our 11:50 United flight to Chicago which ended up being canceled late in the day due to mechanical issues.:(

I don't think you have to rush off the ship! I am platinum and had no desire to meet in the lounge at 7:30 am to debark early so I could sit at the airport for a few more hours!

Off the Destiny in Miami around 9 am - called SAS (as per our arrangement) they picked us up around 9:15 am and by 10:15 am we were at FLL airport.

My tip to you would be to get a porter to help with your bags thru customs - usually faster and easier!

I don't think you have to rush off the ship! I am platinum and had no desire to meet in the lounge at 7:30 am to debark early so I could sit at the airport for a few more hours!

Off the Destiny in Miami around 9 am - called SAS (as per our arrangement) they picked us up around 9:15 am and by 10:15 am we were at FLL airport.

My tip to you would be to get a porter to help with your bags thru customs - usually faster and easier!

I agree with the tip about the Porter. I feel like for the tip I pay it is worth it because they have always gotten me through customs more quickly then others around me who did not have a porter.

If your port is Miami and you fly out of FLL Carnival suggests a flight after 12:00PM. I can't recall exactly where on their website but it is there.

I also will be on the Liberty sailing out of Miami and I booked a 12:35 from FLL to LGA. I have scheduled transportation with SAS. I have used them in the past and they were quite reliable and I never had an issue making it to the airport with plenty of time for my flight.

Archived