Free Carnival App (Android)

Chirpbird

Also for those not married to Carnival exclusively...

Shipmate also has apps for RCCL, NCL, Princess, HAL and Celebrity.

Also, RCCL, NCL and Celebrity have their own free apps.

Keep waiting for Carnival to join this decade.;)

There is also a Marine Traffic app that allows you to track any ship anywhere.

I forget how much it cost though. (I think it was $1.99, but I'm not positive.)

Bill

The marine traffic app is free on Android

Apple only sucks to those who can't afford their products. (okay, low blow. Totally kidding)

But can you drag and drop mp3's in one simple step to your phone, Oh no you can't you are a slave to iTunes.:D

But can you drag and drop mp3's in one simple step to your phone, Oh no you can't you are a slave to iTunes.:D

Well I am a slave to iTunes (and Apple) for many other reasons that I won't go into. But I'm not totally a slave because I can get my music from anywhere I want and use it on my iPhone.

That sucks for those of us without Smartphones. :(

Or not... I gave up my smartphone recently and went to a GoPhone to use only for emergencies.

It was not only liberating, but we went from $130/month (DH and I) to practically nothing. I bought us each $100 worth of airtime and we have a year to use before adding more (and any leftover minutes will roll over).

Approximate annual savings: $1,300, which is the cost of a cruise. :D

Apple only sucks to those who can't afford their products. (okay, low blow. Totally kidding)

iphones and most droids are about the same price last I checked. Lack of a removable memory card on iphone kills it for me. I've got about 250 complete cds on my DroidX. About 16gb worth. I've got nothing against iphone. It's just restrictive to me. What I find interesting, is that with all the hype about Verizon getting the iphone finally, they are still pushing all of their droid phones with hardly a peep about their iphone.

iphones and most droids are about the same price last I checked. Lack of a removable memory card on iphone kills it for me. I've got about 250 complete cds on my DroidX. About 16gb worth. I've got nothing against iphone. It's just restrictive to me. What I find interesting, is that with all the hype about Verizon getting the iphone finally, they are still pushing all of their droid phones with hardly a peep about their iphone.

That and the possibilities to customize the Android are better I have mine rooted so I can do quite a bit to it.

I also just upgraded to the Galaxy phone and just downloaded this app.

1. Click your Market icon

2. Click on Apps (top left)

3. click All applications

4. Click search magnifying glass

5. Type in Ship mate Carnival and download:)

Took about 2 minutes.

OMG...That was so easy! My DF tried to find apps the other night, when I got my Galaxy...like he has on his iphone & was on the wrong icons. I think he will be impressed, that I did it. I won't take credit for finding out how...that goes to you...just that I followed your directions! LOL

I was bummed, thinking that I wasn't going to have all the cool apps! I didn't know much about the Galaxy when he bought it for me. I think I will love it, even more...now! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!:)

Like I said, I was only kidding. Yes they're about the same price. I just happen to like apple products a lot. But I have a 160 iPod for music so I don't need more than the 32 gigs I have on my phone. I just happen to love all apple products and pretty much have them all. But ask most people I work with and they will tell you the opposite of me. Like I said, we're all kinda slaves to Apple in my line Of work.

I also just upgraded to the Galaxy phone and just downloaded this app.

1. Click your Market icon

2. Click on Apps (top left)

3. click All applications

4. Click search magnifying glass

5. Type in Ship mate Carnival and download:)

Took about 2 minutes.

Thanks!! Just downloaded app to my droid & Im lovin it!!! So easy!!!

Carmel

I have this app on my Droid. For free, I thought it was cool. I am not sure the deck cams and current locations are always updated or accurate, but the deck plans are really cool to have on your phone as is the countdown clock!

Oh...forgot that all the Carnival excursions are listed for each port and you can read the description and price. Not bad to have when talking about the cruise when away from your computer.

What are the differences between the free and pay versions...or is it the same and just costs because it's on the iPhone?

What does rooted mean???

It is a process that gives you super user access to the phone and you can do things that you can not do on the stock phone, Some applications need this.

You can also install custom ROM's which basically is replacing the operating system on the phone.

You can upgrade to newer versions of Android before your provider releases the update.

Pretty much everything that voids your warranty.

And you can tether your phone to your laptop for internet access without paying that stupid fee most providers charge for tethering.

Absolutely! I don't need all the extras. I can use the web etc. when I get home. But...this app would be fun to have.

I have a Droid Incredible for work (they pay for it :D), but I couldn't see myself buying it just for "play". In the meantime, it's great to use CC on the go!!:)

cool little app, thanks for the tip!

My sister just told me about a free Android Carnival app - Ship Mate Carnival. It totally rocks - of course I'm obsessed with my cruise. You get a countdown, deck plans, itinerary, excursion info, current ship location and deck cam. I'm sure there's an IPhone app, too. :D

Love it Got my Droid 2 Global lastnight. Im technically challenged so my son will dumb it down for me BUT.....I know how to follow instructions and I just downloaded the Carnival app

Thanks everyone

White or midnight blue?

Archived