Monaco to Nice Airport

stan01

Our cruise disembarks in Monaco, and we have an early flight out of Nice the next morning so I'm planning to stay near the Nice Airport for one night.

What I'd like to do is arrange a custom, private tour/transfer that takes us (and our luggage) from Monaco to our hotel at the Nice airport via Monte Carlo, Eze, St Paul de Vence, and Nice. Is this doable in about 8 hours?

Our cruise disembarks in Monaco, and we have an early flight out of Nice the next morning so I'm planning to stay near the Nice Airport for one night.

What I'd like to do is arrange a custom, private tour/transfer that takes us (and our luggage) from Monaco to our hotel at the Nice airport via Monte Carlo, Eze, St Paul de Vence, and Nice. Is this doable in about 8 hours?

Sure, that would be doable although you need to be aware that hiring a private car/driver/guide is pretty expensive in that region. You would want to make arrangements via the internet and we suspect it will cost you about 500 - 600 Euros.

Hank

Thanks for the reply. Cost is about what I expected it would be in that area. Seems like the best way to get ourselves from Monaco to Nice with 2 large suitcases and see some sights in the short amount of time we have before we head home.

Thanks for the reply. Cost is about what I expected it would be in that area. Seems like the best way to get ourselves from Monaco to Nice with 2 large suitcases and see some sights in the short amount of time we have before we head home.

Yep, it is an excellent idea if you are willing to accept the cost. It would cost you nearly 100 Euros to simply get a taxi to Nice so there is much to say for your plan. St Paul de Vence is one of our favorite places in that part of France and you will want to save a good 2 hours to simply walk through the town and browse the shops and galleries (and this would not include time if you wanted lunch in that city). There is also an interesting art museum very close to St Paul de Vence called the Maeght Foundation which is a "must see" place for those who enjoy contemporary/modern art (not our style).

Hank

We hired Revelation Tours for our day in Cannes. We visited all of the places you mentioned. They were prompt and professional. We were in port for the day so at the end of the day, they took us back to the port. I am sure they would customize your tour to include taking you to your hotel.

Check out their services on their website:

http://www.revelation-tours.com/

It was a wonderful day for us. Eze and St. Paul are like something out of a story book, just beautiful.

Enjoy your visit.

We did something similar. We departed Seabourn in Monaco(the day before we had done Eze and Nice) and took a taxi to the Fairmont in Monte Carlo. Checked into our room and then took the train in Monaco to Cagne Sur Mer. From Cagne Sur Mer we took a taxi to St. Paul de Vence. Loved it. We took the bus back to the train station and then back to Monaco. The next morning, Revelation tours picked us up promptly to get us to the airport in Nice. St. Paul de Vence was wonderful. I like it better than Eze although it lacks the up close ocean views. A private car is expensive in that region, but probably worth it although Monte Carlo, Eze, Nice and Cagne Sur Mer are all on the same train line. Revelation tours was great. They even called me in the US to confirm the reservations before we left (I had left a message).

In Nice or Eze pick up some curry spices. We haven't found a place that duplicates the wonderful mixes they sell. Also picked up some wonderful bath salts and soaps. I wish that I had purchased an oil painting in St. Paul de Vence as one we bought in Rome traveled well rolled up in a tube. As it was our first experience with this, we were nervous to buy something more expensive.

• 7 months later...

Archived