Miracle - big balcony vs vista suite? HELP!

QVickiB

Back in October I booked a 2 night Bahamas cruise on the Miracle for next January.

It’s a surprise to my mom, as I booked us a balcony (she’s never had a balcony, and probably never will again due to cost on 7 day ships, and lack of existence on typical weekend ships) with my daughter.

A month later I managed to find out about cabin 6232, and now have the “bowling alley” balcony for the same price.

I just got a wild notion to check out the suites… (do you see where this is going???)

My question is… Right now I’m paying $920 for all three of us, including tips. I could get us into the Vista Suite (corner of the Panorama deck) for $1450. Am I crazy? I know that she’d feel like a queen, BUT, for over $500 more, would it be worth it? I am on the fence… I know I’m caught up in how great it would be, but for the cost differential, we could almost go on a whole other weekend cruise in an interior room.

Opinions, anyone? (keep in mind we’re talking FOURTY EIGHT HOURS…) am I nuts???

Somebody tell me it really isn’t worth it….

Back in October I booked a 2 night Bahamas cruise on the Miracle for next January.

It’s a surprise to my mom, as I booked us a balcony (she’s never had a balcony, and probably never will again due to cost on 7 day ships, and lack of existence on typical weekend ships) with my daughter.

A month later I managed to find out about cabin 6232, and now have the “bowling alley” balcony for the same price.

I just got a wild notion to check out the suites… (do you see where this is going???)

My question is… Right now I’m paying $920 for all three of us, including tips. I could get us into the Vista Suite (corner of the Panorama deck) for $1450. Am I crazy? I know that she’d feel like a queen, BUT, for over $500 more, would it be worth it? I am on the fence… I know I’m caught up in how great it would be, but for the cost differential, we could almost go on a whole other weekend cruise in an interior room.

Opinions, anyone? (keep in mind we’re talking FOURTY EIGHT HOURS…) am I nuts???

Somebody tell me it really isn’t worth it….

Sorry, can't tell you it is not worth it. It is worth every penny!!! Do it!!! You will enjoy every minute!!!

It will certainly give you more room in the cabin if you spend any time there. You already have a fantastic balcony (even tho it doesn't wrap around). You will also have a full size shower and tub if that matters. The only issue with it being on Panorama is that you don't get much overhang on the balcony, so it will be very sunny in the back.

If you feel like splurging and don't think you'll be able to do it again, go for it! We splurged on a suite last year because we had my teen daughter with us and really wanted the extra room....worked out great, but now we're back to regular balconies (and always try to get a "bowling alley";))...

It sure wouldnt be worth it to me to get a bathtub and lose a great big balcony.

Does your mom take baths? I dont.

The only perk is faster to get on the ship, nadda if you are platinum. With no suite perks...I know people who would turn that down if it was the same price.

I was under the impression it had a wrap type of balcony that would make it bigger than what I have already. No, don't want to lose the balcony...

My daughter "would" get use of the tub if we were on the ship longer...

Even though it's a separate room for the couch for my daughter, she'd be climbing into bed with me anyway...

I guess I'm coming down off the "we could get a suite!" high. I know mom is going to be beside herself just with the balcony. But I booked it so long ago that now it feels like it's not going to be much. I have to keep reminding myself that my mother is thrilled to book an 86 sq foot room with a bunk for a two night cruise to the Bahamas (Bahamas Celebration), so she will be over the moon with the balcony.

Thank you for the input! I would definitely rather save the $500 and book another weekend cruise for us :)

Archived