about to book need help.....

Howard-Moore

Okay.... This will be mine and DH's third cruise and our son's first cruise. We are going on the 11/27 sailing of Magic.

Here's where I need help:

1. Should I book a: normal Balcony cabin, Cove Balcony, Alf Balcony (not wrap-they are all booked) or a Spa balcony?

We have have been in a normal balcony before but none of the others.

2. Should I book with a TA or a PVP?

On our first cruise we used a PVP (who is no longer with Carnival) on our Second cruise we used a TA (who is no longer with the agency where she was at)

I have been talking with a PVP and a TA. Both are offtering the same price and the TA is not giving anything extra. Both have been good about answeing their phones and replying to my e mails but I just cant decide who to book with.

Thanks for helping me!

If you book with the PVP and its ES, then you can submit the price drops yourself. You can also see the billing details booking direct on your booking, but you give up control by using a TA.

The lower regular balconys are over the hot tubs that stick out on the deck below, is why some have complained about them on this class of ship. Most prefer the cove balconies so you can see straight down unobstructed to the water. Unless you get a higher deck balcony, I might go with a cove.

This year is our first cruise with Carnival and I booked directly online, we usually cruise with NCL.....when I book with NCL, I have a Personal Cruise Consultant and she loves to hear from me!! She's really great and goes out of her way to find me the best price and best cabin I can get....she will dig up discounts that I didnt even know existed.... and after booking, if there is a price drop, a question or an upgrade, she's only a phone call away and is always eager to help me.....So, my advice is to make friends with your PVP or cruise consultant or whatever title they are using....it will be handy in the future!!

This website has a number of online agencies that are sponsors. Look at the top of the home page and get a quote from one or more of them. You do have to decide what type of cabin you want as they wont be able to help with that but Ive never had an issue with them on the actual bookings and I feel I have gotten some very good deals shopping around.

My brother & my mom both had Cove Balconies on the Dream last year.. They are beautiful & very spacious!! But if you don't have much of a budget, then I'd look into the Spa Balcony cabins.

I also vote for PVP. Though, I have no experience with TA's. I just like going through Carnival, its convenient.

Archived