All things Dream!

a3593

The only age restrictions are the Behind the scenes tour and Wine Pairing. Both are not free. Both ages would enjoy both!

Thanks. Teenage son would love the wine thing (comes from being an altar server in church- where they get to drink the leftovers :rolleyes: so you know they pour way too much on purpose).

Edited by skoi13
Spelling-- preview is my friend.

If you don't like noise, stay away from room 2373, Lots of beating & banging day & night. :eek: Before someone tells me to check the deck plans, :rolleyes:, I booked over a year ago on the March 16th cruise that was cancelled, so had to scurry to try to find a room anywhere close to my original time frame. The room is not all bad and worked out ok, just wouldn't purposely book it again.:)

We like the Blackjack band too; they are in the Ocean Plaza on deck 5

they play music you can dance to from different periods of time.

and they have some humor too

give them a try

We love to hear the Blackjack Band play. We just retuned from the March 23rd sailing and spent a lot of time listening to them in the Ocean Plaza. The beauty of it is that they play lots of different types of music that appeals to people of all ages. We saw everything from toddlers dancing to 80+ dancing & having a great time. IMHO,nothing compares to live music.:)

We also caught the other band that plays in the Plaza and they were no comparison to Blackjack. A gentleman requested a song and the arrogant lady from the band told him, "I told you when we first started playing, we play want we want to." :eek: We got up & left and returned when Blackjack played later that night. We saw them happily taking & playing requests as time permitted. There is no comparison of vocal talents as the female from Blackjack can sing circles around the lady with the other band in the plaza.

We also enjoyed the duo that played in the lobby bar. She is so cute & friendly and we loved hanging out sipping our DOD while listening to them.

Edited by tiggerlover

Any special theme nights that happen besides the formal nights? We set sail on April 20th, and trying to make sure we pack all the right stuff! Also, anyone have any tips about things to do in port (St Maarten, St Thomas) that are not a shore excursion?? Traveling with DH and DD(4) - first cruise for both of them!! :o

Can someone shed some light on the Punchliner comedy club brunch? Do you need reservations or is it first come first serve?

It's first come first serve. We had no wait or anything though. I really really enjoyed the food on the menu. I thought it was way better than the breakfast they had the other days. i know a lot of people don't like it but I was really sad when we only had one day of the brunch!

Can someone shed some light on the Punchliner comedy club brunch? Do you need reservations or is it first come first serve?

First come, first serve. Here is a link to the menu if you have not seen it yet. It is only on sea days also.

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalConquest2012/menus/brunch.html

It says for the Conquest, but is for all ships that have the brunch.

What happens in the Punchliner brunch?

I think it is the worst menu ever! I can't eat eggs so except of just ordering protein - I don't think I can eat any of it :mad:

Their old lunch menu was ok (I hate the lanai menu) - Eating in the Dining room is one of the best parts of cruising and I feel like they have taken that away.

I think it is the worst menu ever! I can't eat eggs so except of just ordering protein - I don't think I can eat any of it :mad:

Their old lunch menu was ok (I hate the lanai menu) - Eating in the Dining room is one of the best parts of cruising and I feel like they have taken that away.

What did they have before that they don't have on the brunch menu?

I had breakfast in the dining room a few times and the brunch food was much better than the breakfast food. I loved the chocolate chip pancakes and the bacon Mac n cheese. Yummm

Any special theme nights that happen besides the formal nights? We set sail on April 20th, and trying to make sure we pack all the right stuff! Also, anyone have any tips about things to do in port (St Maarten, St Thomas) that are not a shore excursion?? Traveling with DH and DD(4) - first cruise for both of them!! :o

We were on the Dream last week and there was a Caribbean Deck Party and a Mexican Party both at 10p.m. A blast!

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by "not a shore excursion", but we booked Godfrey tours in St Thomas which took us in an open air cab to the beach (Magen's Bay) and then to the shopping area. It was only $20 pp and well worth it!

In St Maarten we booked a private tour with Bernards Tours. Great driver in a new, very clean, air conditioned "bus" that took us to Orient Beach, Maho Beach, shopping...and a few scenic stops for pictures. This was 6 hours for $45 pp.

Both tours can be found if you google them.

What did they have before that they don't have on the brunch menu?

I had breakfast in the dining room a few times and the brunch food was much better than the breakfast food. I loved the chocolate chip pancakes and the bacon Mac n cheese. Yummm

It's my egg allergy is the problem - Both sound great but will contain eggs.:(

It's my egg allergy is the problem - Both sound great but will contain eggs.:(

Oooh I can't read sometimes. Haha. Sorry. I thought you were comparing the breakfast and the brunch, not the lunch and the brunch. That does seem like it would be hard to find things without eggs. I didn't even know Mac n cheese had eggs in it!

We were not all that impressed with the Dream.

We sailed on March 23. We had great service from the room steward staff and the Crimson Dining room staff.

Food was hot in the Crimson Dining room. The food in the Lido Buffett was not that great. Deli sandwiches were good.

We ordered room service for breakfast and a late night snack.

No chicken fingers on the grill for lunch or late night snacks (on Lido) and no hamburgers on the grill for late night snacks. (on Lido)

The guest service staff were rude.

Shows and late night comedy were good.

I guess after 15 cruises, we just expected too much.

We did have a good time but just didn't get that "feeling" of liking the ship.

Punchliner brunch food was good but comedy lacked.

Oh yes, the best part was the Steakhouse. Food was great and the service was awesome!!!

Holy RED!! Wow

Anyway, hoping to try the Punchliner Brunch in October. My DH isn't much of a breakfast person so maybe he'd enjoy going there instead!!

ncshp955 - Menu & pics look great!! Thank you for sharing!!

We were on the Dream last week and there was a Caribbean Deck Party and a Mexican Party both at 10p.m. A blast!

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by "not a shore excursion", but we booked Godfrey tours in St Thomas which took us in an open air cab to the beach (Magen's Bay) and then to the shopping area. It was only $20 pp and well worth it!

In St Maarten we booked a private tour with Bernards Tours. Great driver in a new, very clean, air conditioned "bus" that took us to Orient Beach, Maho Beach, shopping...and a few scenic stops for pictures. This was 6 hours for $45 pp.

Both tours can be found if you google them.

Sounds fun! I had heard there was a "White Hot Party" but the thread was old, so I wasn't sure if they still had theme nights (or party nights lol).

In terms of "not a shore excursion" I just mean we were looking at not doing any shore excursions provided by Carnival...to spend $60pp (one being a 4yr old) to go over to the beach just seems crazy, especially since you only get 2 hours actually on the beach lol...so more or less, I was looking for things to do on our own :)

We are on the April 20th sailing of the Dream and have booked Bernard's Tours in St. Maarten! The reviews all the way around are fantastic and we are really looking forward to it. Come join us and add in to the fun!!

As for the Comedy Brunch - my DH is already in love with the menu and we haven't even tried it yet. As long as I can get my Eggs Benedict - I am good! I have heard numerous folks mention on the boards that the comedy is a bit lacking.. but ehhh.... as long as I am somewhat amused and enjoying a beautiful morning with DH and friends - I'm good.

Has anyone pre-registered their child for the Camp Carnival online? We just filled out the form (which is supposed to be printed and brought to the Youth Director onboard)..however, when I went to print it, it does not show myself or my husband listed. The only information on it are my daughter's name, age, birthday, sailing date and stateroom number. There is a place to print and sign my name, as well as delegate 2 other adults if needed to be able to sign her in and out. Is this normal that it does not have our names on it, and we have to fill something else out on board, or was there an error with the form? I tried to go back in to verify, but it shows the status as complete and does not give me the option to make any changes.