Majesty of the Seas & Kids???

kbt4474

Just booked a 4 day for October with the husband & 2 kids, ages 9 & 13. I reserved 2 adjoining OV cabins to have more room-so we are not concerned about space. My question is about activities for kids?? We are planning on several activities as a family - but what is there for our girls to do if my husband & I want some alone time, or just time to get a massage? Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated. We have never cruised with the kids- we are newbies at cruises with the kids. Will they have fun? Good kids program? Pros/cons?? Thanks!

Have no personal experience with the kids clubs, but I believe your girls would be in different age groups:( At that time of year, you may find that there are not too many kids sailing (school open and all), so that may cut down on the activities offered by the kids clubs. Best suggestion is to sign them up early the first day and have them go to the welcome aboard party held in the Adventure Oceans that first night. I've heard tell that if a lot of kids don't show up that first night, lots of activities get cancelled:eek: Enjoy your trip - I love Majesty. Make sure to check out the Compass Deli above the Windjammer - great sandwiches;)

Just booked a 4 day for October with the husband & 2 kids, ages 9 & 13. I reserved 2 adjoining OV cabins to have more room-so we are not concerned about space. My question is about activities for kids?? We are planning on several activities as a family - but what is there for our girls to do if my husband & I want some alone time, or just time to get a massage? Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated. We have never cruised with the kids- we are newbies at cruises with the kids. Will they have fun? Good kids program? Pros/cons?? Thanks!

Adventure Ocean is the children's program on Royal Caribbean. You will have great success asking about it over on the Family Cruising forum.

Kids program is excellent on RCI. I usually can´t get my DD (11yo) out in the evening. Don´t worry!! There´s an open house on the first day where you can check out the facilities and sign the kids up. We´ve been on the Majesty last May after one week on the Oasis and DD wasn´t bored at all. The 13yo will be in the open teen group. The 9yo is still in the guarded group. But you can allow self sign-in/out.

steamboats

Archived