Mazatlan will have no ships except for holland america...

WINEMANVISALIA

Talked to Randi..e-mail..she said

she was told that the Oosterdam and

the Spirit were going to be stopping there

in the next week.

In the weeks to come..who knows. (That's

me talking!)

I'm sorry the regular people trying to make

a living and there own people killing each other

over drugs and gangs.

Doesn't that sound like a lot of places in the world?

Alcapulco..

Was there in January 2011. I didn't get

off but others did and it was fine.

You never know. Get off the ship in any

port that you feel comfortable and if

you don't..don't get off. Always be aware.

It looks like Carnival IS going to be returning to Mazatlan's port, joining the Oosterdam. There have been some high level meetings and it looks like John Heald is backpedaling, a tad, on his blog. Waiting for good news.

The Oosterdam passengers enjoyed Mazatlan this week, but one had a rather unique experience. The first American passenger off the ship was taken to the hospital by ambulance, where she gave birth to a baby boy! The Captain said they went to hospital and checked on them before sailing, then he commented on the great medical care in Mazatlan.

Pictures of passengers from the Oosterdam in port on Wednesday.

http://www.noroeste.com.mx/ver_fotos.php?id=44534379&foto=45070038

but one had a rather unique experience. The first American passenger off the ship was taken to the hospital by ambulance, where she gave birth to a baby boy! The Captain said they went to hospital and checked on them before sailing, then he commented on the great medical care in Mazatlan.

I find this kind of odd? Isn't there a cuttoff date of like 23 weeks or something for cruising? Which if that was the case this would be an extremely premature birth!

Just glad that mother and baby are doing well and that they were close enough to get immediate medial attention. Very nice of the captain to pay them a visit. Big problem though. Baby now has duel citizenship. Will prove to be interesting in the future.

It looks like Carnival IS going to be returning to Mazatlan's port, joining the Oosterdam. There have been some high level meetings and it looks like John Heald is backpedaling, a tad, on his blog. Waiting for good news.

The Oosterdam passengers enjoyed Mazatlan this week, but one had a rather unique experience. The first American passenger off the ship was taken to the hospital by ambulance, where she gave birth to a baby boy! The Captain said they went to hospital and checked on them before sailing, then he commented on the great medical care in Mazatlan.

nope...just got an email from Carnival. We are going on the Splendor Mar 20 and the call to Mazatlan has been cancelled. We are going to Cabo for 2 days instead and then continuing on to Puerto Vallarta.

No - see post #3 in this link. The Spirit cancelled Maz and is going to Manzanillo instead.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1367386

The Oosterdam seems to be the only ship going to Mazatlan right now - wait and see what Princess does.

Canuck

Waiting to disembark the Oosterdam right now in San Diego - We had a great time on the beach in Mazatlan and the ship did leave one passenger behind as she had a baby in port :)

Mazatlan felt very safe just as all the other ports did on this trip. I'll try to post a short review on the HAL board later this weekend.... Overall fantastic trip - only bad spot was room service which couldn't get any order right but :)

The difference is that here we have an effective, non-corrupt police force that arrests criminals, and a judicial and correctional system to prosecute, convict and imprison them. Unfortunately the system is broken in Mexico.

BTW, I am on the Sapphire Princess March 12 cruise, and as far as I know, there has been no change in itinerary and we are stopping in Mazatlan.

So looking forward to the cruise...I am also on the March 12 Sapphire Princess cruise

There is a thread running right now from a cc'r who is on the Oosterdam right now. She was in Mazatlan today and had a very nice upbeat report on their visit. Like you said - Maybe Holland America knows something that no one else know. Any way - suggest everyone check it out.:)

Sadly, I've just been told that HAL is pulling out for the rest of the season as well. The March 26th sailing of Oosterdam will overnight at Puerto Vallarta instead, with just two ports on the cruise, PV and Cabo san Lucas.

What was date of posting?

spinner2 was in Mazatlan on Wednesday - she posted from there on her thread that is on the main board. She said everything was quiet, there were a number of "greeters" at the ship with maps and suggestions and she said that there were no incidents.

So, am curious as to where you got your info. I honestly hope HAL is going there. Have friends who live there and hope to see them.

I am booked on tomorrow's sailing of the Sapphire Princess. Have not gotten any official notice from Princess, but after seeing these posts, I logged in on the Princess website. When I check my travel docs they now show us skipping Mazatlan and spending two days in Cabo.

"curious where you got your info from"

I'm booked on the 26th March sailing. Our Mazatlan excursions are being refunded and some options put together for second day at PV. The notification email said HAL was pulling out for rest of the season.

We sail on HAL Oosterdam on 4-9, did same as you junglejane, checked my travel docs and they show that we are STILL scheduled for 1 day in Mazatlan. As of right now - have received no notification from HAL SOOOOO folks - guess we sit and play a wait and see game. I hate those kind of games :-)

"curious where you got your info from"

I'm booked on the 26th March sailing. Our Mazatlan excursions are being refunded and some options put together for second day at PV. The notification email said HAL was pulling out for rest of the season.

We are on the April 23 sailing, tha last one of the year in Mexico for the Oosterdam that is then going up to Alaska. I certainly hope, considering the uncertainty and the continual rise in violence, that the message you got is true.

I spoke to HAL directly on Friday (March 11), and the agent I spoke with told me Mazatlan is business as usual, and they ARE stopping there.

I did hear of one charter on the Oosterdam that canceled the stop this month, but maybe that was because it was a chartered sailing?

I'm really hoping that agent wasn't wrong.

GetOnABoat - you must keep up with ALL the threads on the HAL board and here on the MX RIV board.:)

The Captain of the Oosterdam wrote a letter to the passengers on the current sailing telling them that the Odam was not going to Mazatlan for their cruise and also for the remainder of the 2011 season.

Don't have time to give you links - look for it.

HAL, of course, still has it on their itinerary on the website. And of course, HAL agents will tell you that the ship is still going as they are always the last to know ANYTHING.

There are NO SHIPS GOING TO MAZATLAN ANYMORE FOR 2011.

Canuck

Archived