Iphone on MAGIC 5/22/11 Help

Sew4me

Hi everyone,

Love my iphone, gona have a hard time living without it for 2 weeks..

Can someone out there post the steps of turning off all the asst. buttons so I don't get any outrageous phone bill....I don't intend on using the phone what so ever, but want it incase of an emergency...

Step 1...turn off...

Step 2...turn off...

I am totally iliterate concerning my 3G...

THANKS, really appreciate all the help I can get

Cindy

Hi everyone,

Love my iphone, gona have a hard time living without it for 2 weeks..

Can someone out there post the steps of turning off all the asst. buttons so I don't get any outrageous phone bill....I don't intend on using the phone what so ever, but want it incase of an emergency...

Step 1...turn off...

Step 2...turn off...

I am totally iliterate concerning my 3G...

THANKS, really appreciate all the help I can get

Cindy

You will probably get responses ranging from..."why do you need to bring your phone on your cruise, you are on vacation, leave it home", to how crappy ATT is an how crappy Apple is and how crappy the iPhone is an on and on, but it's all pretty simple.

Outside of talking on the phone for hours while at sea at $2.49 a minute, the other "danger zone" is data coming to the phone, which CAN be worse if left on....So...on the phone under "Settings' turn Notications Off...Turn Data Roaming..Off...Turn Cellular Data off....also turn off Location Services...With those services turned off, you could leave your phone on and not incur outrageuos charges. My wife and I both have iPhones, have taken them on 3 cruises and have not had any crazy charges and we leave the phones on during our cruises. We choose to send a handful text messages while cruising to "share" our experience at little as we cruise along.

Also, if you are still a little unfamiliar with the 3G, there is a User Guide that's bookmarked under Safari.....In there, all of these settings are noted with some brief information about each, including additional links for more info.

I keep hearing put it in airplane mode, ??

Tis what I've always done on my blackberries and androids. I would imagine the iPhone has a similar setting somewhere that can turn off everything except BlueTooth/Wi-Fi.

This will probably help out greatly. Just typed "iphone airplane mode" into google and feel lucky:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1355

• 3 weeks later...

Archived