Characters on Oasis yet??

I read this week the characters were to start. I also got off the Oasis Saturday and can happily report, they showed up mid week at events. Very cute. I had a feeling they would show up.

No 3D movies in the Aqua Theater yet. There was a movie almost nightly and only a few people were seated. (we had a view from our balcony) And they had Grease sing along (words to the songs written on the bottom of the screne), the movie or the screen broke a third of the way though and didn't return. I wish I could remember the other movies they played, but I'm drawing a blank.

They were suppose to add things on Saturday in between the sailings, so hopefully for you the 3D movies will be there now.

It was when we were waiting for Come fly with Me to start, lower level, we got there about 1/2 hour early and Shrek and Fionna came out from each side stage doors and walked along the first row interacting and then walked toward the theater entrace, one of each side, along with a RCCL employee sort of leading the way. Everyone was so happy and surprized as we mentioned they weren't scheduled to be on our sailing. That was about it. I think I saw them one more time; but they weren't around as much as I saw them on the Allure. I'm sure now they are scheduled you can see them at breakfast and the parades, etc. I do not think they are in any production shows.

We just did Oasis on 2/19 sailing and they were in rehearsals with the Dreamworks character and I believe the full roll out was supposed to be this week (2/26 departure). My kids went to a show rehearsal in the Aquatheater with a whole bunch of characters with dancing, music and fountains and they loved it! Also, they had characters (Shrek, Fiona, Lion, Panda) at a parade and they showed up before a show 1 night and once my son met 2 characters when he was doing Adventure Ocean stuff he is young and didn't really relay the details but was excited about it. This was pleasant surprise for my kids. The last night was a parade and there was supposed to be "Special Guests" which I assume were characters but we missed that parade. Several people told us they were putting 3D into Opal theater and not Aquatheater and should be complete by mid March.

DREAMWORKS® NOW ON OASIS OF THE SEAS

Guests are loving the fresh features on our newest ship, Allure of the Seas, so we've passed them on to her sister ship as part of Royal Advantage 2011. Now Oasis of the Seas® boasts the memorable moments of the DreamWorks® Experience and a 3D movie theater, giving your clients an even more incredible cruise vacation.

Archived