OK What Shall We call it

sludger

Obviously Sludge doesn't, he thinks Carnival are the Bees Knees.

P&O Aus started to decline when taken over by Carnival around 2003/4.

Iwould think she does know about carnival as it does not take much reading to find out theses things.

I've read some bad reports about Carnival ships. Aren't they the 'kitchy' ones?

I'll just settle for Cunard - in my dreams. :)

that all depends on what you call KITCHY.

I've read some bad reports about Carnival ships. Aren't they the 'kitchy' ones?

I'll just settle for Cunard - in my dreams. :)

Doubt i'll ever get to cruise with Cunard.

BTW. I have that pic of Arcadia in the panama canal as my wallpaper.

Maybe I should start a new thread, "Show us your wallpaper" Lol.:)

IT'S OFFICIAL

Check out the new set of forums that were established just a few minutes ago:

AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND CRUISING

Thanks to all of you who expressed an interest in separating A/NZ cruising discussions from the P&O Australia forum.

Doubt i'll ever get to cruise with Cunard.

BTW. I have that pic of Arcadia in the panama canal as my wallpaper.

Maybe I should start a new thread, "Show us your wallpaper" Lol.:)

Oh yes, at least that would be pleasant. I have a peaceful island scene of a ship.

that all depends on what you call KITCHY.

'Kitschy' is what I call pretentious, 'over the top', and not in good taste. I prefer understated elegance, and liners, not floating holiday resorts. However, I stress this is MY opinion only. Others are very happy with the new ships.

Iwould think she does know about carnival as it does not take much reading to find out theses things.

Of course I do mate, anyone who nas cruised with P&O would know, all the letters you get mention Carnival corp or whatever.

I just refuse to reply to these nasty posts, you will probably find that some of the people that were vehemently opposed to the new forum will now try to hijack the new AUSTRALIAN & NEW ZEALAND CRUISING forum.

Thanks to everyone here that backed me up over the past few months when I was being accused of all sorts of comments I never made and the victim of frankly stupid insults.

I hope now that open discussion about value for money and the fact that P&O give us very old, outdated cronky old ships for a price that is way above what people overseas pay for brand new ships.

I hope one day to cruise with P&O again, I think in the entertainment and in a few other areas they are better than most cruise lines I have been on.

It's just a case of how long do you put up with ships breaking down and in some cases smelling permanently of sewage.

They need to update their fleet, not just paint them!

Thanks again, Paul (or Paula if you like)

Obviously Sludge doesn't, he thinks Carnival are the Bees Knees.

P&O Aus started to decline when taken over by Carnival around 2003/4.

The major changes I have seen since Carnival Corp and P & O merged in 2002 are extra merchandising on board and higher prices for drinks/tours etc. There have also been some cuts such as lobster no longer served on formal night.

The initial cruise prices are heaps cheaper than they used to be. For instance around 25 years ago the basic fare was around $200 per night twin share for a very ordinary cabin. Translated to today's dollars that would have to be around $1,000 (I'm guessing on that). Today it is easy to find a cruise for the same $200 per night twin share. I don't complain that P & O charge more for drinks or have more optional extras for sale. After all, they have to make their money somehow or we won't have a cruiseline still in business.

I regard P & O as 3 star to maybe 3.5 star and if I want a 5 star experience (and pay for it) I will cruise on other lines, as we do sometimes.

IT'S OFFICIAL

Check out the new set of forums that were established just a few minutes ago:

AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND CRUISING

Thanks to all of you who expressed an interest in separating A/NZ cruising discussions from the P&O Australia forum.

Hi Walt, that's great news, thanks so much for your efforts. Now people looking for information about cruising in our region will not be confused by the forum title.

My only concern as this new board is to discuss all aspects of cruising in our region and therefore referrences will obviously be made to all cruise lines frequenting here (including P&O) I hope that it doesn't mean that that we will get all the old participants with baggage, intolerances and preconceived ideas and now posting on two boards instead of one. I hope we all make an effort to be civil to each other, I guess time will tell.

Jenny

My only concern as this new board is to discuss all aspects of cruising in our region and therefore referrences will obviously be made to all cruise lines frequenting here (including P&O) I hope that it doesn't mean that that we will get all the old participants with baggage, intolerances and preconceived ideas and now posting on two boards instead of one. I hope we all make an effort to be civil to each other, I guess time will tell.

Jenny

Hi, fellow stooge, etc, etc. I, too, have concerns that this enmity will keep on. My wish is that we could all treat each other as we would like to be treated, with respect for our opinions and feelings, and that we can all freely discuss our likes and dislikes. Heaven knows there is enough discord in the outside world without bringing it here.

I just wish I had the time left and wherewithal to try EVERY cruiseline. Siiiggghhh! :rolleyes:

Also is this one going to be closed or left open?

It will remain open and we can still post here as we always have. :) Don't be concerned how it will go. I am sure it will all work out.:)

The only difficulty I see is that we will have to check two separate sections of this board. Let's hope that people don't post identical pieces on both sections as that will just clog things up.

It will remain open and we can still post here as we always have. :) Don't be concerned how it will go. I am sure it will all work out.:)

The only difficulty I see is that we will have to check two separate sections of this board. Let's hope that people don't post identical pieces on both sections as that will just clog things up.

There will be some who will do that!

How about Jasons Super Dooper Crusing Thread :) (You have to have seen the RACQ, RACV, NRMA commercials to know what i`m on about here) :p

Yayyy Jas! I'm with you. I'm sure a sense of humour would prevail on this one. :D We all need to lighten up. :)

Cheers

Sandy

I can hear the crickets chirping now!

I see our posts have been removed. Here is the proof you were asking for (worded a little differently' date=' but still with the same meaning).

May 31st, 2010, 07:48 AM

Billy and Charlie's Mum

Blue Ribbon Cruiser Join Date: Feb 2009

[i']Quote:Originally Posted by Sandielle

Barry, this is my feeling also. I suspect many others feel the same but have been deterred from visiting this site. The 'crunobbery' on this forum is unbelievable, which is very sad - because others are so friendly and willing to help. Some people just cannot understand that, for various reasons, others are content to cruise locally and have different values. They should not be treated with condescension!

The voice of reason is usually ignored! C'est la vie! [End Quote][/i]

And I get tired of people making comments on subjects they haven't a clue about

Eileen

Also is this one going to be closed or left open?

P&O Cruises Australia will continue as a cruise line board and the new ones will be for A/NZ cruising in general and G'Day Mates! for open, off-topic discussions of just about anything at all.

Archived