Processing time for price reduction forms

Snowball

I filled out a price reduction form Monday night, and other than receiving the e-mail confirming that it was received, I haven't heard anything. I checked my reservation online and the pricing has not been adjusted. I just called Carnival and they are unable to tell me the status other than that it has not yet been processed (duh!).

Normally I wouldn't be too worried since I know I am eligible for the adjustment, but there is only one cabin left in my category, so I'm worried that by the time they go to process the price drop, my category will be sold out.

Have any of you sent in price reduction forms this week and, if so, how long did it take before you received confirmation of the change?

New to Carnival but noticed my rate went down also.. thanks to that new merry rate... Is this the link i fill out a refund on?

http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/CCLBestPriceGuarantee.htm

Thanks all!!!

anewmac,

No. That's not the correct form. CLICK HERE for the correct Early Saver form.

Have any of you sent in price reduction forms this week and, if so, how long did it take before you received confirmation of the change?

Snowball,

I sent one in Sunday evening and it was processed and approved Tuesday. So far that's the longest I've waited for a response. Normally I receive an approval email on the same day.

If I were you, I would get a screen shot of the price you are submitting and save it in case you need it later. I would also fill out the form again then in the comments section state that you have screen shots if needed. ;)

Thanks everyone. I filled out another form last night, since it was 3 days and I hadn't heard back or received the drop. I do have a print screen, but who knows how much good that will do if my category sells out in the meantime. :rolleyes: I'm trying to be patient, but I also don't want to lose out on $100 either.

Well, just as I feared, my category has sold out. I still have not heard back from Carnival regarding the price drop forms I submitted. I have the computer-generated e-mail they send showing that they received the price drop request, and I responded to that e-mail asking that the status of my request be checked.

I have a screen print showing the price, so hopefully they'll still honor it even though my category is now sold out. I have no idea what is causing the delay when most price drops are processed within a day or two.

I checked online...Our cabin was an 8C on deck 7. The only balconys available are on Deck 8 now which are 190 less then ours was. Does that mean I'll get a 190 OBC? I submitted the form and told them I did not want an upgrade but an OBC. Do you think they will give it to me?

anewmac,

No. That's not the correct form. CLICK HERE for the correct Early Saver form.

Snowball,

I sent one in Sunday evening and it was processed and approved Tuesday. So far that's the longest I've waited for a response. Normally I receive an approval email on the same day.

If I were you, I would get a screen shot of the price you are submitting and save it in case you need it later. I would also fill out the form again then in the comments section state that you have screen shots if needed. ;)

Thanks from me too. I had filled out the wrong form myself. And it's worth 10 foo foo drinks! :D I filled out the correct one now. Maybe they will get tired of hearing from me :D

Well, just as I feared, my category has sold out. I still have not heard back from Carnival regarding the price drop forms I submitted. I have the computer-generated e-mail they send showing that they received the price drop request, and I responded to that e-mail asking that the status of my request be checked.

I have a screen print showing the price, so hopefully they'll still honor it even though my category is now sold out. I have no idea what is causing the delay when most price drops are processed within a day or two.

Snowball,

Since your category is sold out, they will likely deny your OBC, but since you let them know you had screen shots they may take the hint and research it themselves before they deny you. Just keep your screen shot handy and attach it as a reply to the email they send if it's denied and request them to base your request on that date and time and not the present date and time. There was a lot of unusual activity on Carnivals website this week and most of it was within the booking processes. I got the impression that they were doing some internal training on the live booking system.

Thanks from me too. I had filled out the wrong form myself. And it's worth 10 foo foo drinks! :D I filled out the correct one now. Maybe they will get tired of hearing from me :D

nevadabadgirl,

So far I have $820 worth of foo foos headed our way for our cruise next month and most of them are from filling out those forms.

I had our second price drop for next month's cruise denied three times before it was approved. One prior went thru fine and two after that one have went thru fine, but that second one sure was amusing.

Snowball,

Since your category is sold out, they will likely deny your OBC, but since you let them know you had screen shots they may take the hint and research it themselves before they deny you. Just keep your screen shot handy and attach it as a reply to the email they send if it's denied and request them to base your request on that date and time and not the present date and time. There was a lot of unusual activity on Carnivals website this week and most of it was within the booking processes. I got the impression that they were doing some internal training on the live booking system.

My price reduction was finally processed yesterday morning, and I ended up getting more back than I asked for because prices dropped again yesterday (and that was after my category sold out). I did not tell them that I had a screen print, and I don't know if what was processed was from my first submission or second one. I'm just glad that it was processed. I'm up to $490 in price drops so far. :D

nevadabadgirl,

So far I have $820 worth of foo foos headed our way for our cruise next month and most of them are from filling out those forms.

I had our second price drop for next month's cruise denied three times before it was approved. One prior went thru fine and two after that one have went thru fine, but that second one sure was amusing.

Nice! Funny, I got 3 emails from Carnival this morning. One was from the price guarantee form (the wrong one I filled out). Said that the rate I quoted was only for the 3rd and 4th passenger in an OV room, that it was NEVER offered for a PT...so denied. The second email was a room confirmation. (Still the same room). The 3rd one was the one from early saver...approved! Got the money on my OBC today. I almost wanted to write back to the first one and say "nanananana :D". But, since I got what I had coming, I won't. I'll just toast the ES people with one of my foo foo drinks :D

Nice! Funny, I got 3 emails from Carnival this morning. One was from the price guarantee form (the wrong one I filled out). Said that the rate I quoted was only for the 3rd and 4th passenger in an OV room, that it was NEVER offered for a PT...so denied. The second email was a room confirmation. (Still the same room). The 3rd one was the one from early saver...approved! Got the money on my OBC today. I almost wanted to write back to the first one and say "nanananana :D". But, since I got what I had coming, I won't. I'll just toast the ES people with one of my foo foo drinks :D

Nevadabadgirl,

Denied and approved all on the same info. Amazing isn't it? :D

It took me 7 days. On day 6, I resent and got answered on the next day I mentioned in the comment part that I was worried as others on my CC roll call got their answers sooner. 200$ price reduction and the same in OBC. Yeah!!!!

I am new to this price reduction program. Can you give some specifics like where you find the forms as I have not located them in the Carnival site and what is the best way to track your cabins class price? Thanks so much. Mike

After final payment date can you request an OBC if you find a different rate then what you booked lower OR does it have to be the exact same rate type (IE: Early saver or past quest, etc..)? I'm finding the more=merrier rate much less then what ours is under early saver.

After final payment date can you request an OBC if you find a different rate then what you booked lower OR does it have to be the exact same rate type (IE: Early saver or past quest, etc..)? I'm finding the more=merrier rate much less then what ours is under early saver.

It does not have to be the same rate type, but it does have to be a rate that you qualify for. For example, if you booked under ES and find a Past Guest rate that is lower, you can only get an OBC if you are actually a past guest.

I don't think there are any restrictions on the More the Merrier rate, so I say go for it! Good luck!

Nevadabadgirl,

Denied and approved all on the same info. Amazing isn't it? :D

Just glad to know that I am not the only one who works for a corporation that one department doesn't know that the other is doing :D Guess it happens in all of them.

Archived